11 || A Terrible Predicament

~~~~

People always think

I have also been thinking

How much you trust me

~~~~

The knocking on the door continued and Y/n finally got up and walked to the door. Her hand hovered over the doorknob and she pondered what to do until Kazuha took her hand, shaking his head. He brought her over to the window, reopening it again.

"Get your wind glider ready, but stay nearby." Kazuha whispered.

Suddenly the knocking stopped and Kai's voice announced that he was coming in. The sound of the doorknob turning alarmed the two. Y/n had just put on her wind glider and didn't have time to jump out the window. Upon entering, the first thing Kai saw was Kazuha's back facing him, blocking the window. Looking closer, he saw a surprised Y/n in between him and the window.

"Uhm... am I interrupting something?"

Y/n had calmed down and Kazuha turned towards Kai, pretending as if he had not realized he had walked in. He awkwardly laughed, relieving Kai's worries a little. Then asking what he needed, Kai said something along the lines of wanting to hang out with her little sister's lover and "get to know him."

"Of course. Give me a moment and I'll be right there."

Kai nodded and before leaving seemed to remember something. "Oh right. Y/n, father wants to see you, so you should go do that."

Y/n smiled and then he left, closing the door. She let out a sigh of relief. Her body had tensed up when her brother had walked in and when Kazuha pinned her against the window to hide her wind glider from view, she completely spaced out for a second.

Turning towards the window, preparing to jump out, Y/n said, "I'll be waiting near Granny Ruoxin's place. Alright?"

"Alright." Kazuha smiled, kissing her before leaving to meet Kai.

'Stop getting surprised every time Kazuha does something, Y/n! You have to get to Granny Ruoxin's place! Kazuha will be fine!'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already pretty dark out so it was obvious that Kai was using an excuse to do whatever plan he and Y/n's father had in mind. Y/n knew that. Her sword had been sent for some adjustments, resulting in her having to grab any random sword nearby. When she reached the place Granny Ruoxin always stayed at, the lights were already on and she was waiting for Y/n.

"Granny Ruoxin?! What are you doing up so late?"

The old woman laughed. "That boy earlier mentioned how you would come over tonight to get away from your father and asked me to stay out. You met a very kind boy, dear. Come, come. Let me get you some tea."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Kazuha's POV)*

Y/n's brother waited for me downstairs where the lights had all been turned on and seemed to have been redone to have a cozier feeling. If it weren't for the uneasiness I felt, I would have thought the place to be nice. Kai asked if I wanted anything to drink and I shook my head. I couldn't trust him.

The two of us sat at the dining table and talked for a while. I made sure to be cautious of my words and I could tell he was doing the same. It had only been 15 minutes when Y/n's father came bursting into the room from his office. He seemed angered by something which I assumed was because Y/n had not come to him like he had planned, but something didn't feel right. As if this was all an act. Did they already know that I had sent Y/n out of the house?

The older man looked right at Kai and raised his eyebrow in a questioning way and asked, "What is this?"

Those words confirmed that this was all an act. They most likely already found out that Y/n was not in the house and changed up their plan.

"We're just having a boy's night. Isn't that right, Kazuha?"

"Hm? Oh, yes!"

"I see... I'm going out for a bit. Watch the house, Kai." The man said and left out the front door. I felt an uncomfortable feeling within me and I couldn't help but feel as if both Y/n and I are in danger.

"Uhm... Where is the bathroom?"

"Down the hall over there." He pointed to a dark hallway. There was one door at the end and there weren't any lights on the ceiling nor a light switch. I looked back at Kai who continued to smile. The smile had become more eerie now and I stood up to leave. When I reached the front door, something pushed me and a knife was placed against my neck.

"Better stay right where you are, pretty boy. Especially if you value not only your life but Y/n's."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! School started and I don't get onto my computer until 5-6 pm so I never have time to write anymore. I'll probably only post on the weekends now.