chapter twenty

She tastes like strawberry candy

It tastes fucking amazing, and I suck on her tongue again just to get another pull of it. The soft moan that vibrates in the back of her throat sends a jolt of heat straight down my spine to my cock, making it pulse against the front of my jeans.

I want to hear her moan over and over and over again, but I can already tell by the few soft moans that I've been able to conjure out of her that she's not the kind of girl who gives them away freely. I have to work for them, I have to earn them, and the thought sends a thrill straight through me as I rock my hips again, purposely grinding against her in a slow, deliberate motion to rub the rough material of my jeans against her clit. As if on cue, the breathy moan slips through her lips, and I can't hold back the smug ass grin on my face as I kiss her deeper.

When she breaks the kiss, her cheeks are flushed, and her eyes molten, like two warm pools of honey looking up at me, considering me as if she's trying to decide what she wants to do. My eyes dip down to her bare chest, and the sight of her perfect tits and perked nipples, still shimmering from when I dipped my mouth down and explored them the way I've wanted to since I popped open the buttons of her dress, is enough to send my mind spiraling into all the fantasies of what I want to do to her. 

I have to shake those thoughts, though, because as much as I'd love to fuck her right now, I know we're not on my time  — we're on hers. 

It's a whole new experience playing the long game with Josie because it's a game I've never had to play before. I've never had to work for sex; it's always just been handed to me without much effort. But this, being here with Josie, I can tell that she's not ready for something like that. 

I'm going to have to work for it. 

I'm going to have to wait for it.

I usually wouldn't even bother. If this were anyone else, I would have gotten bored and moved on already. I would have lost interest, been turned off by the chase, but I should have known that this was going to be different the second I saw her slip off that little dress the night I met her.

Josie just — I don't even fucking know how to describe it — she just hits different. 

The way she smells like honey and peaches, the innocent look in her eyes that always melts into something a hell of a lot more mischievous when we're alone, and the way she tastes like a fucking candy store. All of it, it all adds up, and no matter how many girls go down on me in the bathroom of random parties or let me fuck them in the back of their cars in the parking lot of O'Malley's, I haven't been able to shake the imagine of her eyes looking up at me instead.

So when those same eyes meet mine again, I can't deny that I'd wait for as long as she wanted me to. I'm stuck here, at her mercy, just hoping eventually, she'll let me between those gorgeous legs. Her cheeks flood with that pretty hue as she pulls the front of her dress together, holding it but not buttoning it as she looks at me, cheeks flushed, eyes molten, and radiating the kind of energy that I only get to feel from her when we're like this — wrapped up together with tangled limbs, swollen lips, and exploring hands.