7. Flowers and walking

Breakfast was going as normal. Kate finally got her egg on toast with tea.
"I'm happy now." Kate stated before she took a bite of her breakfast.
"Good, I don't like dealing with you hangry." Dorcas said.
Kate rolled her eyes and flipped her off.

"Is anyone expecting any post today?" Alice asked.
Mostly no's and shaking of heads were the answer.
"I think my parents are due to send me some stuff." Lily said.
"I'm still not used to the fact that owls bring the post, I'm constantly scared they're going to shit in my food or drop the post right on my head." Kate said. "But they're cute so that's a plus."

As if on cue the owls flew through the windows and rolls of the daily prophet, letters from friends and packages were dropped. Suddenly 3 owls brought in a big bouquet of assorted flowers. Everyone was confused on who it was for, it then started heading towards the Gryffindor table.
"Who the fuck is that for?" Marlene asked.
"Someone with a boyfriend." Dorcas said.

The owls let the beautiful bouquet drop in front of the five girls. It was filled with red roses, daises and delicate flowers littered through it. The sweet smell drifted through the air. The smell of fresh flowers was always amazing. The bouquet was huge, more on the expensive size, the flowers fresh and vibrant.
The daises still had some pink throughout the petals, the roses the same shade as the London double decker buses, baby breath spread in between the bigger flowers.
Lily grabbed the tag on it, her face scrunched up in confusion.
"Who's it for?" Alice asked.
"It's for Kate."
"What?"
"It says Kate on the tag."

Her mouth dropped open. She was speechless, why had he gifted her such a beautiful arrangement, just to announce to the Hogwarts community that they were together.
She new exactly who it was from. Looking over to James, only to see he was already walking towards the group. No backing out now. He was really doing this in front of the whole school, at least it was a quick way of getting everyone in the know.

"Why is James coming over to us?" Alice asked then turning to Kate. "Why is James coming towards us."
"No reason." Kate answered with a small smile on her face.
"Oh my god, no way. No way." Dorcas said.
Complete, pure shock crossed all of their faces as they pieced together what was happening.

He'd finally reached the group.
"Do you like them?"
"Yes, they're beautiful, thanks."
"What the fuck is happening?" Lily stated, the first one to say anything.
"We're dating." James answered.
"What?"
"How?"
"When?"

Questions were bounced around the group becoming a big jumble of noise as James slid onto the space next to Kate, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, allowing her to lean into him.

"We've been together since the Halloween party." Kate shyly stated.
"That's why you've been so smiley." Alice replied.
"Maybe."

Suddenly, the rest of James's friends forced the group sat next to us to move so they could sit down, instantly bombarding the two with questions.
"When we're you planning to tell us about this?" Sirius asked.
"They didn't tell you either?" Dorcas butted in and the three boys shake their heads.
"You bitches!"
"What? We just wanted to keep it private for a while." Kate answered.
"Exactly." James added on with a smile and pulled Kate into his side tighter.

The rest of breakfast was spent idly chatting between the two groups, the friend groups bleeding together.
Now the news was out, James and Kate, Dating.

-

Kate spent her day being berated by her friends for information on her and James.
"Is he a good kisser?" Marlene asked with a smirk on her face.
She'd never been on this end of the conversation before, usually being the one prying at her friends. Feeling the heat creep up her neck to the apples of her cheeks she lowered her head.
"Yes."
"So you have kissed?"
"Shut up Marlene."
Kate bought her hands up to her face and groaned for falling for the question.
"When did you guys kiss?" Dorcas inquired.
"During the halloween party." Kate said to the girls as they looked shocked.
"But no one saw you?" Lily butted in. "The common room was packed." She added.
"It was in the corridor outside the common room." Kate replied.
"That was you! Me and Amos saw a couple kissing in the corridor but it was too dark to tell who it was." Lily exclaimed.