when your child can't sleep

Miyeon first awoke to her light slumber over the sound of the bedroom door opening.

However, the thought of Bella waking up and getting out of bed didn't enter her mind at first.

She just thought that maybe you had gotten up and gone downstairs for something.

But when she shifted around in bed, she just so happened to place her hand on your arm and just as she realized Bella must've opened the door, she felt a tug at her shirt.

"Hm?" She groggily hummed as she turned onto her back.

Opening her tired eyes, she yawned before she saw your little girl standing beside her.

"Bella, sweetie, why are you up? Do you need your mom?" She asked as she started to sit up, slowly reaching over for you.

"No." Bella quietly spoke and Miyeon pulled her hand away from you at that.

"What is it then, honey?"

"I'm not sleepy."

Miyeon looked at the cloxk on your bedroom wall and saw that it was after midnight.

"It's this late and you're not sleepy? Are you becoming an insomniac at only seven years old?" She asked as she tickled Bella's sides.

Bella giggled and Miyeon's heart skipped a beat at the sound.

Your little girl has taken up a huge part of her heart, as have you.

You've been dating for about ten months but Miyeon only met Bella about five months ago, when you knew you could fully trust her sticking around, shortly after sharing your first I love you.

Miyeon loves kids and she's great with them but she never imagined being called mom by anyone for a few more years, at least.

But you and Bella entered her life, changing that around and Bella called her mom shortly after getting to know her.

Bella adores Miyeon, swearing that she's her hero and she loves her lots, almost as much as she loves you.

Miyeon is her whole world, her best friend after you.

But, sometimes, she gets a little clingy with Miyeon.

And tonight waking her up to spend time with her sounded a little better then waking you since Miyeon has been very busy and she hasn't had much time to spend with Bella.

"Do you want to crawl into bed next to me and your mom?" Miyeon wondered.

But all she got in response was Bella shaking her head no.

"No? What do you want then, honey?"

"Come to my room." Bella said before wrapping her small hand around Miyeon's.

Miyeon laughed quietly before carefully slipping out of bed, hoping she wouldn't wake you in the process.

She let Bella pull her across the hall to her room.

Once in there, to light up the room, she turned on her light and sat on the edge of Bella's bed.

"What can I do to help you sleep, sweetheart? How about a story?"

"Mommy read me a story earlier." Bella said.

"Do you want me to lay with you?"

Bella nodded so Miyeon started to lay down beside her, only to freeze when Bella spoke.

"And sing to me."

"Oh?" Miyeon giggled. "And what am I supposed to sing to you, hm?"

"Dahlia!"

Miyeon brushed her fingers through Bella's hair, watching her with soft eyes.

"Okay." Miyeon said. "Will that help you sleep?"

Bella nodded, looking at Miyeon with heavy eyes.

"You look tired already. Are you sure you need a song?"

"Yes!" Bella said, insisting on Miyeon singing despite the fact that she was getting tired on her own.

"Okay, cutie pie." Miyeon said before she began to sing. "My love is Dahlia, our love is Dahlia," she paused, kissing Bella's head softly as the small girl closed her eyes. "No matter what they say, I'll let me love you, anyway. 'Cuz you're my Dahlia."

Miyeon stopped singing and waited to see if Bella reacted, which she did.

Bella's eyes opened and Miyeon giggled over getting caught.

"You're still awake?" Miyeon asked as she kissed Bella's forehead. "Close those pretty eyes, honey. I'll keep singing. Anything you want."

"More Dahlia,"

Miyeon just chuckled before singing again.

"My love is Dahlia," Miyeon sang softly. "Our love is Dahlia."

And, this time, Bella felt comforted enough to fall asleep.

"No matter what they say, I'll choose to love you anyway. 'Cuz you're my," she paused, kissing Bella's forehead softly. "Dahlia."

She knew Bella had fallen asleep but she didn't move, despite being so exhausted herself.

She laid there, wondering to herself how she'd gotten so lucky to have met you and Bella, wondering what she had done to deserve so much love.

"Love you, sweet baby."

"So, this is where you went," you spoke quietly, causing Miyeon to jump.

She looked at you then back at Bella, who shifted around a bit but stayed sound asleep as Miyeon gently scratched Bella's head to soothe her.

"My girls." You smiled sleepily from the doorway. "She loves you lots."

"I love her too." Miyeon whispered. "And I love you so much too." She said, looking at you.

"I love you too." You said. "I think you're her favorite person in the world. She doesn't wake me up to sing to her or read her stories anymore. She goes to you."

"She's the sweetest." Miyeon chuckled.

"Yeah." You smiled as you looked at your girls. "Sleeping in here tonight?"

"No, I'd be too sore in the morning."

You giggled and walked to Miyeon, helping her up from Bella's tiny bed.

"Love you, sweet girl." Miyeon spoke to Bella. "See you in the morning. Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite."

You kissed Bella's head, too.

"Goodnight, my baby. Sweet dreams." You said, ticking a strand of her behind your daughter's ear.

"You're a great mom." Miyeon whispered as you walked to the door, turning Bella's light off.

"So are you." You said as you entered the bedroom again.

"Didn't think I'd have someone to call my daughter or someone that calls me mom so soon in life but I'm not complaining. I love my girls." She said as you climbed back into bed. "I'm grateful for you both. You're amazing."

"We love you and are grateful for you too." You said as you laid your head on her chest. "Get some sleep. You've got the day off tomorrow so Bella will be waking you, her best friend, up early." You teased.

Miyeon just shook her head with a smile, finding it impossible to complain about that.