12.

Upon Laurielle's request, August had decided to spend a little time in Pasadena with her, although for the entire night he felt uneasy due to being in unfamiliar territory.

He had awakened awfully late, later than what he'd expected and that wasn't like him at all— Laurielle had already taken off for work, and if he had to guess she'd be heading to lunch soon.

In the shower, August allowed the warm water to cascade down his body, this was always his favorite part of the day, as his grandparents would say ' cleanliness is next to godliness '

Once finished with his hygiene routine he noticed that he didn't have anything to dry off with, and the towels she had on the rack were for decorative purposes only,

He groaned in agony at the thought of having to find the linen, but with no choice he slowly walked out of the bathroom peeping around every corner, the coast was clear as he darted down the hall in hopes of quickly finding the right closet.

"August," Laurielle's voice sounded off causing him to tremble uncontrollably

There he stood awkwardly frozen facing the opposite direction, so all that was exposed to her was his backside— she let out a slight giggle as he tensed up due to embarrassment,

"Cute butt," she teased before collecting a towel from the closet, soon after she carefully draped it around his waist as he slowly turned to face her "I guess you can say I'm not as hospitable as you are, I forgot to leave towels out for you."

"What are you doing here?" he said barely above a whisper "Aren't you supposed to be at lunch or something?"

"Drea decided to buy me lunch today, I may have also mentioned to her that you were visiting, and she insisted that we stopped by the house so you two could formally meet, she's downstairs."

"Lauri," he said sounding a bit stressed "I wasn't really looking forward to meeting anyone— I thought it was just going to be us... y-you know how I am around people."

"I apologize, and I wanted to give you a heads up but it's difficult to try and communicate with a person who doesn't have a cellphone," she then folded her arms pretending to pout "I hope you're not mad."

He secured her by the waist, pulling their bodies closer together "This time I'm letting you off easy, give me like 10 minutes to get dressed and I'll be down to meet her."

Laurielle nodded while allowing him to do so as she returned to Andrea, who was chowing down on the tacos they had gotten , "Sheesh girl save some for me..."

"These are literally the best tacos in town, and I haven't had them in so long I swear I'm in heaven right now." she drooled causing Laurielle to giggle "So? Where is he?"

"He had just gotten out of the shower, he'll be down once he puts on some clothes..."

Andrea suddenly gave her the under eye expression," He didn't already have his clothes on once he made it out of the shower?"

"Well...no, I mean who does that anyways? No body puts their clothes on in the bathroom after a shower, at least I don't— I go straight into my room afterwards."

"I guess you've got a point there," she said before averting her eyes towards August, who had finally made it into the dining area "Well Helloooo,"

He nodded his head in her direction avoiding direct eye contact, Laurielle motioned for him to sit down and he obliged, "August this is my favorite cousin Andrea, but I call her Drea for short— Drea this is August."

"It's so nice to meet you, my cousin has mentioned you to me on a few occasions,"

"All great things of course," Lauri chimed in while placing two tacos in front of him "Drea is a huge fan of your work too August."