Chapter 29

Leanne moaned as she woke up. She stared blankly at the IV in her arm for a few moments, trying to remember what had happened.

         Had she really been in the hospital for four days?

         She sighed as she scrolled mindlessly through her phone.

         Her parents had been to the hospital to see her dozens of times, but they were starting to get annoyed that she wouldn't explain where she had even been while she was missing, let alone why her stomach was so messed up looking.

         But it's not like they would believe her.

          The ship was gone. None of them knew where it had gone, just that it disappeared.

           Leanne couldn't even think about having to go back to school.

           The door was thrown open and Trevor smiled sheepishly, hesitantly walking in with a small bouquet of flowers.

        "I am so sorry I couldn't come see you sooner! We were in Alabama and this was the earliest flight back and- god, I've been so worried about you, Leanne. And uh... I brought some lilacs. I know they're your favorites."

          Leanne gave a relieved sigh. She'd been so worried that he just hadn't wanted to see her and she wouldn't see him again until she got home. "Thanks. It's so great to see you."

         He pulled her into a hug. "Thank god you're okay! What happened?!"

         "You wouldn't believe me."

          "Of course I will."

         She slowly sighed. "We went into what we thought was a funhouse but it was actually an alien spaceship."

           "Woah. Crazy."

         "That's all you have to say?!"

          "I wasn't there. Who am I to tell you what happened to you? Besides, it sounds like you got pretty messed up wherever you were, that's not something that just happens."

         "Thanks."

           "Th-There's something I need to tell you. And I know now isn't the greatest time but I've been so worried about you and-"

          "You're rambling."

         "Sorry. I just... I'm in love with you."

          "Y-You are?"

           He slowly nodded. "You don't even have to say anything about it or answer me or-"

           "I love you too."

          Trevor pulled her into a kiss and Leanne had never felt so warm in her entire life.

          Honestly, despite everything that had led up to this, it was the best moment of her life.