𝕤eventeen

"how was your day?" soojin asked as she walked into her house, kicking her heels off as she did

"how was your day?" soojin asked as she walked into her house, kicking her heels off as she did. kun was in the kitchen making dinner for the girls and smiled at the sound of his wife's voice.

"good," he started, peeking his head out from around the corner to catch a glimpse of soojin. she giggled when she spotted him, laughing at the cute expression on his face as he smiled. "how was yours?"

soojin sighed, trudging into the kitchen, stopping when she was standing behind her husband. she dropped her head onto his back and slowly looped her arms around his waist, mumbling out her next words. "fine. tiring. happy to be home."

she could feel kun back muscles moving when he continued mixing whatever was on the stove, his voice sending vibrations through her chest as she pressed it against him. "anhe wanted to draw you a picture, so she's hiding in her room to keep it hidden from you."

"mmh, i love her so much."

"me too." kun paused to sigh. "hey, love, do you mind getting the oregano? it's on the shelf." before soojin could respond, kun's phone rang. she could feel him groan before pulling away and she flashed a thumbs up to signal that she'd get the seasoning.

when she got an "okay" motion in return, soojin spun towards the cabinet. flinging it open, she quickly realized that the oregano was on the top shelf and just out of reach.

huffing a sigh, the girl looked around before spotting a stool beside the island. she quickly moved it in front of the cabinet and placed a foot on the surface to test the stability. it shook, but only slightly. deciding it would work, soojin began hauling herself up onto the stool.

she reached for the oregano, nervous and a little shaky. okay, this was a bad idea, she decided, wanting to get back down but unable to move out of fear of falling.

suddenly, she felt an arm wrap around her thighs, body pressing against her legs and hips to stabilize her. soojin looked down to see kun holding her, still on the phone as he peered up at her in worry.

soojin hurriedly grabbed the item and leaned down to place a silent kiss on her husband's lips.

"thank you" she mouthed, allowing kun to help her back onto her feet.

"i love you," he whispered back. then, his smile drops and his cheeks flushed pink. "w-well i appreciate that, hendery, but i was actually talking to my wife." and soojin couldn't even attempt to contain her laugher.

•they're shamelessly my favorites i'm sorry

they're shamelessly my favorites i'm sorry