𝕥hirty-four

"is this

"is this... is our date really here?"

"is that okay?"

yisu was practically beaming as she looked around the store. jeno must have remembered her mindless conversations with renjun, because he took her to a bookstore.

there was no way of him knowing, but yisu had never actually purchased anything from a bookstore before. when she was a kid, she'd spend hours searching though secondhand shops for a book that was intact and not missing any pages. the times she'd gone to actual bookstores, she would read the books straight off the shelf's and return them, knowing her parents thought it was ridiculous to waste money on books she's only read once.

the girl refused to get emotional in front of her crush as she followed him through the rows, each one completely filled and smelling deliciously of fresh, never touched paper and ink.

"i..." she stammered, running her fingers along the spines of the paperbacks. "i haven't been in one of these in a long time." sure, she could rent books online, but it wasn't the same as holding your own physical copy.

jeno smiled sweetly, scanning yisu's features as her frantic eyes flicked from book to book. "i figured you'd like it—i hoped you would, at least."

"i love it." she met his eyes, not caring if he could see the tears sparkling in hers. "thank you, jeno."

he took a step forward, clasping his hands behind his back with a slightly shyer expression. "since this is a date, i want you to get whatever you want. my treat."

yisu's hand froze in midair, a look of shock overcoming her features. "w-what? no, jeno, that's too much—"

"please," he insisted, hesitating only a moment before taking her hovering hand in his. "if it'll make you happy, i don't mind."

yisu practically melted into the carpet.

YISUhe would be the perfect book boyfriend 💗

YISU
he would be the perfect book boyfriend 💗

RENJUN
TELL ME EVERYTHING

YISU
he took me to

YISU
a bookstore

RENJUN
marry him.

YISU
BUT WAIT

YISU
HE

YISU
TOLD ME TO PICK EVERYTHING
I WANT AND THEN PAID FOR IT ALL

YISU
WITHOUT COMPLAINING
OR ANYTHING

RENJUN
wtf why am i jealous

RENJUN
jaehyun take notes

YISU
i felt bad and offered to pay for lunch
thinking we'd go somewhere just as
expensive right??

YISU
HE TAKES ME TO MCDONALDS
AND ORDERS NOTHING BUT AN
ICE CREAM CONE

RENJUN
that's actually so sweet im tearing up

YISU
tbh i felt really guilty

YISU
and i guess he could tell
cause he took my hand

YISU
AND KISSED IT

RENJUN
AHHHHHHHHHH

RENJUN
girl he's a whole taylor swift song

YISU
I KNOW

YISU
we're going out again next week 🤭

RENJUN
HAVE FUN OMG

RENJUN
i'll try to be cool at work

RENJUN
this'll be our little secret 🤫

YISU
yes🤭🤭🤭

•short?? update but JENOANDYISU!!

short?? update but JENOANDYISU!!