Chapter 3: Treasure Hunt

When destiny chooses to grant someone luck, they can ascend to places never seen by those destiny ignores, or those destiny scorns. But even with destiny on your side, you must remain vigilant, as the machinations of the universe are so much larger than destiny.

The morning sun shone down on a large yacht as it docked in Seattle harbor. The ship was in pristine condition, despite only having one crew member. That crew member stood out on the deck of the yacht, looking out at the Seattle skyline.

"Home sweet home!" Sammy Hagar said, and she went inside the yacht to make sure she was looking good enough to go into town. Her cream and crimson suit was in immaculate condition, her pauldrons had just the right amount of firmness and prestigiousness a woman like her needed to present, and the train around the back of her suit was flowing like a cape. It twists and twirls like a rose, and it highlights the body of the ginger adventurer.

Sammy Hagar, or as her friends call her, Sam, is a world famous treasure hunter. She travels the world, finding mysterious objects and uncovering the truth about them, and looking dashing while doing it. Her orange-red hair was dyed black, but it has grown out since then, and her ginger roots shine through the dye. Her face is one of beauty, but there are bruises and scars there too, a few small cuts scattered around, but nothing face defining. Most of all though, her silver eyes glow where her face shines.

 One such object she found, a golden arrow, awakened a stand ability within her. Unlike most people, she is very up front about the nature of her ability.

Her stand can detect any lie within earshot.

The stand was both a blessing and a curse. It made adventuring so much easier, but it made a social life so much more difficult. That is why Sam tries to look as important as possible, so that people think she is unapproachable. That way she can avoid incidents like her ex boyfriend showering her with compliments, and all of them being lies.

Well, that's not exactly what Sam's stand does. It allows her to detect when a person lies, yes, but if they believe what they are saying, then it comes up as true, and if they doubt something true, it will come up as a lie. It is a caveat that Sam is painfully aware of.

Sam lowered the gangplank and walked down the dock into the city of Seattle. As she walked the streets, taking in her home city, she got a phone call. She didn't recognize the number, and they had called on her business phone. She quickly answered, and found a place to loiter while she talked.

"Sammy Hagar, treasure hunter. Need something found, dug up, or otherwise removed from its rightful place?" She said. It was one of her little gimmicks that never really got old, that line. It always helped her identify what kind of person she was talking to. This one, however, was all business.

"No, actually I need it put back. A priceless artifact has been stolen from my collection, and I need it to be returned to me." The woman on the line said. "One of my friends, one Robert E.O. Speedwagon III, recommended that next time I want a new piece for my collection, I should you, but now that a piece of my collection is gone, I think you are the one who can find it."

Robert E.O. Speedwagon III is a wealthy man who loves a good piece of art, and is Sam's most loyal customer. His family business, the Speedwagon Foundation, is a global charity and research foundation that has cured several diseases, saved countless people from starvation, and time and again has done right by everyone who works with them. To those that know a bit more, the Speedwagon Foundation is at the forefront of studying the origin of and evolution of stands. This has made them many enemies, but many allies as well. Not to mention they have the backing of the Joestars.