♤Aesop x Reader♡

This is a gender neutral Y/n, I hope you enjoy...

........

She took him before I had the chance...

I guess it is my fault.. I should've told him when I had the chance.

But... I was to scared... Man I'm a loser.

Emily said to take the chance before someone else does, but I was to much of a wuss.

And now she has him... Aesop....

I'm currently in the library, trying to avoid my pain by drowning myself in someone else's relationship.

"These two have the perfect relationship..." I thought, and flipped the page. The girl was the pretty preppy girl, while the boy was the loner no one liked. They met, helped each other out, fell in love, the end....

I put down the book and stared out the window.

I began to think about the two in the book... but in my mind they didn't appear to as imagined. It was me and him...

Why can't I think about anything else? Anyone else? I want sleep but I haven't been able to get it and the bags under my eyes were really dark....

"Someone get me out of this nightmare..." I thought.. Well I thought what I said was in my head... and I also didn't realize someone had entered the library.

"We all want out of here... Is there something bothering you?"

The voice was quiet, but I knew exactly who it was and I froze up for a second.

"N-no I'm alright.." I looked over at Aesop, who sat next to me.

"The bags under your eyes say otherwise..." he spoke softly.

"It's just difficult to sleep when your body aches, and knowing someone's out to get you...." I lied.

"I know this isn't the ideal place to be, but I also know when someone's lying. You have no idea how many people lied to me about how their family member died..." That got dark...

"I just... it's hard seeing the one I love with someone else..." I say lowering my voice.

"I know what you mean.." I looked at him shocked.

"Wh-what?"

"The one I love... I'm pretty sure they're in love with Luca. I get it, he's much more exciting than someone like me." He said, looking down at the coffee table in front of us.

"Whoever they are, they're missing out. Your a much nicer guy than Luca. He may be my best friend, but if I had to date you or him, I'd definitely choose you." I say trying to comfort him not even realizing what I'm saying.

"Really?" He asked, now looking me in the eyes. That was when I realized what I had just said.

"No going back now..." I thought. 

"Y-yeah, I mean. Your handsome, kind, introverted but your a great person to talk to once you open up." I could feel my face heat up. "Stop blushing y/n!"

"W-well thank you.." he pulled up his mask, and that's when I noticed the light pink poking through his mask.

"Are you and-"

"I'm not in a relationship with her." Aesop interrupted quickly.

"Oh...sorry I-I thought..." I was completely embarrassed.

"I know... everyone has. But I've just been going to her for advice." He said, now looking at the lit fire place.

Then there was silence, and the only things filling it was the crickets outside, and the faint voices from another room. Everyone's probably eating a late dinner or drinking.

"Y/n?" I looked over at Aesop, and his eyes met mine. "I-.. uhm.... I'm..."

I looked at him confused until he pulled down his mask, and in a second his lips were on mine.

I didn't even know what was happening I was completely lost in the moment.

His lips were soft, and warm. He held my hands, and I smiled into the kiss. We pulled away, but only slightly and rested our foreheads together.

"I'm in love with you." He said softly.

"I'm in love with you too, Aesop."

"I promise I won't let you hurt like this again." He pulled me into a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder.

We stayed like this for a while longer, just us in one another's embrace, the fire being our only source of light, and a loving atmosphere....

I hope you enjoyed this story! Remember requests are open, so feel free to tell me what kind of story your up for!!

Thank you for reading, even if you didn't like it. Tell me what I can do better, and again ty for reading!!

I hope you have a good day/night!

-Lady Amethyst