17. Memory Lane

One week later~~

Olivia's POV:

"I want to kill this man! She didn't deserve that Olivia!"

I sit on the couch, with my hand rubbing back and forth on my neck since an angry Spencer pacing back and forth. While I understand his anger, this is Sabrina's situation and whether or not she wants to deal with it, it's up to her.

"I know babe. But you have to understand, this is Sabrina's situation, not yours. Whether or not she wants to deal with it on her own, that's on her."

"But Liv--" I get up from the couch to hold his hand.

"No, from now on, no more Sabrina talk ok? She just had Jamie and she is currently resting, not even thinking about Jake. So, why not take a breath and maybe we can spend some time together, you know as a couple? We haven't been doing that lately with you working out and dealing with Jamie's arrival. So, what do you say?" Spencer looks around before glancing at me, pouting for an answer.

"You don't have to work out today. I called your coach." I pout. He furrows his eyebrows. "Wait, you called my coach? How did you get his--?"

"That's not the point. The point is to answer my question." He rolls his eyes, chuckling before thinking about it. He eventually takes a breather and agrees.

"You're right baby. I'm sorry. We haven't been spending much time together and that's on me. I haven't made things easy for everyone and I need to learn how to control that. I'll apologize to Sabrina after we have our delightful time together." I walk closer, leaning in to kiss him.

"Mmm, I love the sound of that babe."

"Oh do you?"

"Yeah." We kiss cutely again before we go outside and have a couples' day.

_________________

We first arrive at a park with Spencer cutely cheesing. "Where are we babe?" I ask curiously. He wraps his arm around me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Well, we are at the park where me and my dad would use to play at when I was little. Yeah, he would always carry me to the swings since it was my favorite thing to go on." I smirk at him. "Wanna push me?"

"You sure? It's old as hell." The park was old but I didn't care. I wanted to do it for him and to have fun. "I don't care. Push me." He then proceeds to push me on the swing, caressing my back in the process.

"So, um... what was you and your father's relationship, if you don't mind me asking?"

"It's alright, I don't mind at all. Let's see, me and my father were really tight. You know, he would be like my therapist whenever I would go through problems. And let me tell you, being from Crenshaw, I was involved in a lot." We both chuckle.

"But ultimately, he was the best father I could ever have. As well as my coach. He's been my coach since I was a freshman and we had a plan for us to be together in the future whenever I would go pro but unfortunately he was gone too soon. I still think about him, everyday."

"What advice he would have for me, how he thought about my drinking, how I recovered. I've always wondered what he would say to me, whether or not he would be proud of me." As I'm swinging, I knew that I instantly had an answer. I don't really know why but, when it comes to Spencer and advice, I feel like there's a click in my head, already knowing the right thing to say. I think that comes from the "friend" in me.