𝟎𝟎𝟐; painting a painful reality

Dear darling,

Dear darling,

I've found an old shoe box where I'll store all these letters that I plan to write. I'm actually out of town for a bit, sunbathing with Mia and Diego in Majorca. Its amazing, the beaches are breathtaking and the sea is mysterious, just the way I like it. You never know what those waters are hiding (ft. my deep sea creatures obsession when I was six).

Back to my story before I get side tracked....... I tainted my parent's reputation. At school I was known as the 'freak' and no one dared to approach me, let alone befriend me. I didn't mind the loneliness, but sometimes it got too quiet. And when it got too quiet I would hear my screams, see flashes of light and feel the confusion I felt during my dream. I was a walking, talking zombie. With eye bags and red eyes, my parents knew they had to act. Talk was going around the neighbourhood and what do perfectionists hate more than gossip? The truth.

So they sent me away to an insane asylum, with only my dinosaur stuffed animal 'Betty' and a pillow. Not even a goodbye. I'm sure that when they returned home (should I even call it that?) they spread word of me going to a boarding school. They might've even had another child, one that was considered 'normal' for all I know.

The asylum, as I soon learned, was a place for the insane. (Okay, okay, that may be obvious but as a seven year old who was crying for all of the car journey, I didn't know where the sperm donor and birther were taking me. I thought maybe to a relative's like Auntie Ren's bUt nO.) really though, it was a surprise I didn't see the Joker or Harley Quinn strolling down because it definitely looked like a place for them.

from Rosie