ONE

The bar was packed to say the least, as it usually was whenever cassie and the loyal played

The bar was packed to say the least, as it usually was whenever cassie and the loyal played. layla was stood behind the bar counter, drying the cups she had previously washed. the brunette was zoned out for most of the set, focused on completing the long list of tasks she was given at the start of her shift. her mind was someplace else, she had spent the weekend at the hospital, getting blood work done.

it wasn't until the speakers were unplugged was the brunette pulled away from her thoughts, she wiped her hands on her apron and went over to hold the tip jar up. as if on cue Cassie had reminded the crowd. "and don't forget to tip your servers, because p.s we're also your servers" layla shook her head at her friends antics, returning to her previous actions.

"you guys did great," layla complimented the blonde and ravenette once they approached the counter, "i don't get why billy doesn't let you guys play the whole night, it attracts customers" she grinned.

"look lay, it's your favs" nora nodded towards the entrance with a smirk. "oh god, marines" the female groaned, leading cassie to speak up. "mild to medium harassment by nine, chaotic evil by ten" this led the trio to break out into giggles.

it wasn't long before the girls had heard a "hey strangers" coming from the group of men.
"frankie?" layla and cassie had called out. as cassie ran over layla took the opportunity to come out from around the counter, bombarding the freshly buzzed male with a bear hug. she stayed close to frankie, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"oh,right." cassie began to introduce nora and frankie to eachother, frankie doing the same with the other marines. layla rolled her eyes at the babysitting comment. it was true- cassie had babysat layla when her parents would go off to work.

the female took this time to scan the group of guys, her eyes locking with one of the taller ones . she immediately averted her eyes, turning back to face frankie.

"iraq? still?" she spoke up, her question was followed with a couple of nods. "another war that never ends," Cassie clapped her hands together, "what do you guys want? first rounds on the house," she announced, this led layla to nod along. "tequila," answered a blonde, who looked not older than fifteen. "does he look older than eighteen?" "he is definitely not old enough to drink tequila," the middle eastern woman chimed in to noras question. what had caught her attention was one of the

marines answers. "coke? my type of guy." she grinned, "hell yeah, could you throw in a couple lemon slices with that?" the unnamed marine smirked. this led layla to raise one of her recently groomed brows. "how about you pace yourself, bro?" she mocked, returning back to her station behind the counter.

"you see, this is why i stay here." she told the other two females once they approached the counter with other orders. this led the trio to break out into laughter. she had quickly poured the drinks, placing them on a tray for cassie and nora to take out. "good luck" she saluted the two, returning back to her other orders.

once an angry cassie returned back to the counter shortly after she had sent her out, layla knew something was up. "what happened?" she asked the other girl, "oh nothing, just your typical marines," cassie had immediately left once one of the marines had walked up to her, an attempt to cool her down.

"ouch," layla commented, causing the unnamed marine from earlier to turn to her.

"oh? that was funny to you?" he spoke, "hilarious actually, i've never seen anyone get curved that hard," she let out a soft laugh, shaking her head at him.

"i'm luke, what's your name?" he had asked layla, now invested in the bartender. "your bartender for the night, enjoy" she shook her head once more, sliding her coat on. "i need five," she hummed to the other bartender working- which was followed with a nod.