0.9

- brooklyn -

abby - ashley benson
tori - troian bellisario
sofia - shay mitchell

I heard the rain hitting the windows of the Starbucks we were in as I sipped my coffee and listened to my friend Abby complaining about her mom for the millionth time.

"And then I said, 'mother, I can't go around without a phone, that's like walking around without a brain' and she agreed to give it back to me." She said, grinning at the end and bringing her drink to her lips.

"Speaking of phones," my other friend, Tori, turned to me with a questioning glance. "Why has our dear Brooke been spending so much time on hers recently?"

"No reason." I said, looking to the ground.

Abby put down her drink and raised an eyebrow at me. "Shut up, you can't lie to us. You have a lying face. We can tell when you're lying. Stop lying!"

"Ugh, that word sounds really weird now." I said.

"Don't try and change the subject!" My third best friend, Sofia, finally spoke up after taking about twenty pictures of her drink for Instagram. "Is it a boy?"

"No..."

"IT'S A BOY!" Abby shouted.

"Shut up!" I felt my cheeks turn crimson.

"Oh my god, who is it?" Sofia asked.

"You guys don't know him."

Tori suddenly looked annoyed. "Oh no, did you meet him online? Brooke, you idiot, you know about Catfish! We literally watched a marathon of it like last week, what are you thinking-"

"Stop! I didn't exactly meet him online-"

Sofia interrupted me. "Then how did you meet?"

"He texted me by accident and he seemed upset and we started talking. He's really sweet, guys, I think you'd like him." I said, smiling.

"OH MY GOD, YOU'RE LIKE IN LOVE WITH HIM!" Abby shouted out yet again.

"Abby! Indoor voice!" Tori said, disapprovingly glancing over at her.

"Sorry." Said Abby, leaning over the table and grabbing my half eaten muffin. "You done with that?"

"Yeah...sure." I said, laughing at how quickly she could change the situation.

"So? Is he cute?" Asked Tori.

"Yes, oh my god." I pulled out my phone and brought up Cole's selfie he sent me.

The other three girls crowded round me and gasped. Abby grabbed the phone off me as her mouth hung open in shock.

"Damn. He's hot." She said, smirking.

I felt a pang in my heart and suddenly got over protective of a boy I'd never even met. "Hey! None of that." I said, feeling my mood deflate.

"Don't worry honey, I'm only joking. I can tell you like him."

I smiled at her and looked to Sofia.

"Wow. He's like- really hot. Like, wow. I can't even speak properly." She said and we all laughed, Abby passing my phone to Tori. "Brooke, only you could have a random stranger text you and it turn out to be a guy who looks like a god damn model."

"I agree." Tori said, staring at the screen. "Oh my gosh! Nose ring!"

I laughed and took another sip of coffee. "It's not real, but it's still hot."

As we were all gushing over Cole, a girl walked over to us. She was blonde, with perfectly applied makeup and long curled hair.

She caught a glance of my phone and looked confused.

"Do you know that guy?" She asked Tori, since she was the one with the phone.

"No, she doesn't, but I do." I took my phone back and looked to the girl. "Why? Do we even know you?"

She scoffed and placed a hand on her hip. "No. But I know you. And you ruined my relationship."

"What?" I heard all my friends say in unison.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I said, standing to my feet.

"Cole Pendery. That guy, broke up with me because of you."

Suddenly everything clicked. "Zoe?" I asked the girl, and she nodded.

"I'm sorry, are we missing something?" I heard Tori from behind me, but ignored her.

"Excuse me, if I remember correctly, you're the one who ruined your relationship by sleeping with his best friend!"

"Fine! I did something wrong. But Cole was going to get back together with me, and you ruined it! He doesn't love me anymore, because he loves you, you bitch!"

"Wow, okay, calm your tits." I heard Sofia walk over and stand by me. "Don't you dare call my best friend a bitch, and don't you dare blame your failed relationship on her!"

"How the hell could he love me? We've never met, Zoe, calm down." I said, attempting to reason with her.

"I'm not going to calm down! You ruined everything!" She screamed.

"Maybe Cole likes Brooke more than you because she doesn't walk into random coffee shops and start yelling at complete strangers!" I heard Tori shout from the table.

"You need to leave, Zoe. Like, now." I said.

"Fine, but this isn't over, Brooklyn." She said, as she flipped her hair and left the shop.

Me and Sofia walked back to our chairs and we all tried to process what had just happened.

Abby sighed and took a sip from her drink. "Wow. Bitch crazy."

i'll add the girls to the cast list tomorrow because i'm on mobile right now
and this is what i meant by 'different' by the way :)