1.4

Cole's standing on my porch.

Cole's feet are on my porch.

Cole is actually on my fucking porch.

"Oh my god." I whispered, covering my mouth with my hands.

"Happy birthday, baby." He opened his arms for a hug.

With that, I literally leapt into his arms, not even caring about whether I might be too heavy for him to catch.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist, and he tightly gripped on to me as he spun me around.

"You have no idea how long I've waited to do that." Said Cole as he put me down.

The second my feet touched the ground, I hugged him round the stomach and buried my face into his chest.

His arms automatically went to around my shoulders, squeezing me tightly and resting his chin on my head.

I'd never felt more at home than when I was in his arms. He was warm and cuddly, literally like a fucking teddy bear.

"Although I could stay like this forever, I've got presents for you to open!" Said Cole, pulling away from the hug but taking both my hands in his.

"I've still got a tonne of candy and popcorn from when the girls were here before, so could we have a movie night?" I asked, smiling hopefully.

"Anything for the birthday girl." He said, pressing a soft kiss to my nose. "I'll get the presents from my car and you set up in the living room, ok?"

"Yay!" I grinned, quickly skipping off to the kitchen while I heard Cole laughing from outside.

//////

A few minutes later, we were sitting cross legged on the floor opposite one another.

"Here's present number one." Cole presented a huge teddy bear that was taller than me.

I gasped and grabbed it out of his hands, hugging it immediately.

"Why the hell did you get this?!" I asked, sitting it on the couch, as it was too big to stay on my lap.

"It's for when I'm back home. When I'm not here, and you need a hug, hug Cookie instead and imagine that it's me." He smiled to himself and carried on. "Even when I'm not physically with you, I'm always here if you need me, baby."

"That's adorable, thank you." I went over his words and paused. "Wait, did you say the bear's called Cookie?"

"Yeah- remember? It's like us... Cole and Brookey... Cookie." He said, a light blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Awwwww." I knelt back down to the floor to give him a hug, but because I'm clumsy as hell, it didn't go smoothly.

I lost my balance and fell on top of him, squealing as I did so.

"AAAH! Shit! Sorry!" I tried to get up off him but he'd grabbed me round the middle and I couldn't move.

"You're not getting away that easily." He laughed, while I attempted to wriggle out of his arms.

After a few minutes, I finally managed to peel his arms away from me and I stood up.

"Get up, I wanna watch Dear John."

"Ughhhhhhhh," Cole groaned from the floor, lying on his back and covering his face with his hands. "Do we have to? Can't we watch, like, something not sappy and romantic?"

"Hey, who's birthday is it?"

"Yours..."

"Exactly! So I get to pick what we watch." I said, sticking my tongue out.