Chapter 1

A girl can be seen walking around a small town in the lively kingdom of Rimeshire. Even though it was the middle of the day the town seemed dark and mysterious. Shacks and shady people with cloaks were everywhere. Some looked tough while others looked skinny and frail. Some looked both at once, but this girl, unlike all the people there, looked gentle and like a child, although everyone knew better than to say anything about it. She was wearing tan knee-high shorts, showing off some scars and animal bite marks on the lower part of her legs. She had a large baggy t-shirt and a duffle bag over her shoulder. Her honey blonde hair with dark blues and purples went through it and her hair was pulled up into a lazy messy bun with stray hairs on her face. Aside from that she was about 5'4 and appeared to be about 14 years old. She had a black fox mask on with no mouth and it didn't allow anyone to even see her eye color. All it allowed to be seen was her soft pink lips and chin. It had dark blues and purple designs all over it along with some gold.

Everyone made way for her, not daring to get in her way or make eye contact

Everyone made way for her, not daring to get in her way or make eye contact. After all, she was the most feared and admired thief, drug dealer, smuggler, and murderer around, The Satoru Fox. Everyone knows her story, no one knows her identity or how she became how or who she is now but they know better than to cross her. She doesn't take kindly to people fooling or using her. No one has survived her wrath and those who witnessed it were only left alive because she wanted them to, not to mention they were traumatized from it. They couldn't see it but she always hid her signature twin daggers with her. 

As she was walking a child, a boy she observed, fell onto the ground in front of her. He had periwinkle blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. He looked around 9 years old ish and was wearing a normal villagers' clothing. Satoru tilted her head to the side a bit, what was a child doing in the kingdom's black market? She knelt down and was reaching her hand out until a woman ran over. The woman knelt down with tears in her eyes, hands, knees, and feet on the ground with her head laid on her hands. "Please, Master Satoru, please don't hurt him!! He's just a child! He didn't mean to get in your way!! Please!!" The woman practically screamed through tears, Satoru rolled her eyes behind the mask and continued what she was doing.

The child was scared she observed, he clearly didn't know who she was but by the way, everyone was scared and shaking he knew she was someone he should fear for his life in front of, especially with the situation he was in. He closed his eyes thinking she was going to strike him, but instead he felt soft hands go under his arms and lift him up as he heard gasps of shock. he opened his eyes to find the lady with the beautiful mask dusting his shirt off of all the dirt and dust it collected. "Are you ok?" she asked with a raspy and dry voice, but at the same time, it seemed soft and gentle almost ...... sweet. He just nodded at her too dazed by shock to answer.

She stood up and picked him up placing him onto her hip, shocking everyone even further. Murmurs and rumors started being passed around and said, but mainly surrounding one individually. The Satoru Fox had a soft spot for kids?

She just ignored them and walked over to the woman who was still groveling on the ground, although she was now looking up. She quickly cast her eyes down as Satoru's shadow cast over her and the woman's former gentle aura became harsh and demanding again. "Get up." She said harshly with no emotion or expression under her mask, not even a twitch of her mouth was seen. The woman quickly stood up still not daring to look Satoru in the eye. The woman could feel Satoru's cold glare through her mask. Satoru gently handed the boy over the woman grabbed him quickly not wanting to upset the other. " You should know better than to bring a child to the black market, moron," Satoru said harshly before giving the boy a small smile and saying "Have a good day, little one" and with that, she left.