some eimiko fluff + small hiatus

+ UPDATE ON LAST CHAPTER; I GOT YOIMIYA :D

anyways it's not like there's a lot of ppl reading this book but i'm gonna be going on a small hiatus because of travelling n stuff. i also don't have a lot of motivation to write this story rn but hopefully i'll get more motivation soon!

this chapter isn't related to the story plot it's just a fluff chapter bc i wanted to <3

----------------------------------

Ei and Yae are both 28 yrs old and they live together in a small cottage.

(they're already married >:D)

----------------------------------

Ei pov:

It's 5 in the morning and I can already see the early lights of dawn streaking through the curtains. Yae's slow breaths indicate that she's still sound asleep beside me. The light from the window makes her skin look a soft tinted pink and yellow. I remember I used to always wonder what she looked like with her eyes closed. She looks younger somehow, but still beautiful.

I trace my fingers down her arm and eventually lace them through hers. I don't want to close my eyes or else I'll miss the moment she opens hers. Purple like wisterias. Plus, I'd much rather watch her sleep because she looks so much at peace that it's impossible to not smile. I can't believe I used to hate her with every fiber of my being.

Her hand moves a little in my hand and she traces a finger against my palm. Slow circles that make me feel a bit of lust. I blush.

Yae pov:

Pfft, Ei gets embarrassed way too easily. I'm peaking at her from under my eyelids and I can clearly see the crimson spreading like wildfire across her cheeks. I stop tracing circles on her palm and open my eyes.

"You're blushing Ei," I tease.

I think I caught her off-guard because she tears her hand from mine and covers her face to prevent me from seeing her expression. I stifle a laugh.

I reach out and grab her wrists and I slowly pull them back to reveal her face; as bright as ever. My hands stay on her wrist as I lean in to kiss her. Instantly, I'm pulled back in time to when I first kissed her without consent. Back in our third year of high-school I made my move on her but it was clearly the wrong decision. She just had her heart broken by a boy and wasn't interested in girls. Her face that time would forever be implanted in my mind because it had broken me somewhere inside.

Ei pov:

I felt something about the kiss change so I pulled back. We've kissed a million times so I would know when something felt off or not right. I guess she knew I knew something was wrong because she kept her gaze lowered and wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Is it happening again?" I whisper so I don't startle her. She nods. Of course I know why. Yae's been having flashbacks of that day in 11th grade when she had just built enough courage to go up to me. It must have been a big jump for her to do so because even 11 years later, she says she still remembers the moment clear as day.

I hesitantly pull her into a hug and we just stay like that for the next 3 minutes or so. She's better at physical affection than me, so whatever I do is probably not as comforting as I want it to be.

"You're okay. I don't like him anymore. Geez, I haven't even had any feelings for him since like I was 17." I say, trying to comfort her as best as I can. It's true though, that dude wasn't worth my time. I'm actually glad I ended up with Miko.

She lets out a soft laugh as we pull apart.

"I turned you."

I smile, because yes, she did.

"You did."

Yae pov:

Oh my god, my heart is fluttering like crazy. Ei trying to comfort me? I can't get enough of it no matter how many times she does it. It's probably because she's so self-restricted most of the time that she never really made a move on me. Or maybe I'm thinking about her in high-school.

Her mouth opens like she's going to say something but then she closes it. I smirk and press my thumb against her bottom lip, waiting.

"I know you were about to say something, so say it~"

I did not expect her to answer so quickly.

"I'm glad I ended up with you instead of him."

Now it's my turn to blush because sh*t, she really has a way with words. "U-um, thanks. Because I feel the same way."

She grabs onto my wrist and pulls my hand away from her mouth.

"You're so much more beautiful than him. Plus, a great kisser and a great writer. I love reading your light novels."

OH MY GOD. WHEN DID SHE BECOME THIS CHEESY?!

But to say I didn't find it cute would be lying. She's so cute I think my heart can't take it anymore.

"Ei... you're cute and so attractive. I appreciate you for staying with me even though I'm, well, me. When you look at me with those eyes of yours, I can't help but think 'darn why can't I just keep those purple gems stored away somewhere to keep forever?'."

I can see I succeeded in making her even more embarrassed.

"Where? Where would you store them?"

"Pfft, are you really asking?"

She nudges my arm, "Yes."

A beat of silence.

"In my heart."

----------------------------------

A/N:

i may or may not suck at writing fluff but who cares!

i hope you enjoyed, see yall later :D

08/10/22