Prologue

August 25th, 2005

 Davina Uley, a mostly normal 16 year old girl who lived with her mother. Her mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer one year ago but it hadn't responded to the treatments so Willa decided that she will stop treatment and live whatever time she had left with her daughter. Davina had been give the contact information for her older half brother who her mother wanted her to go with once she had passed. Davina had held off contacting the brother she has never met before until the last moment possible. 

  Davina was visiting her mother once again at the hospital for her daily visit. She would visit her mother and tell her everything about her day. Davina had gotten a feeling and knew that today would be the day that she would contact her brother. She had gotten to the hospital but waited outside the hospital so she could call her brother without the noise and so she could make her mother happy. Davina pulls out her cell phone that had the number programed in with her brother's number. She presses the call button and puts the phone against her ear gently. Davina chewed her lip as the phone rang. 

  "Hello, Uley residence" A ruff voice said. "Um, hi. I'm looking for Sam Uley?" Davina asked. "This is him. Who is this?" the man I know knew was Sam. "My name is Davina. I'm your half sister" Davina replied, worried. "I don't have any sister's" Sam stated. "You do. I was born in 1989. My dad is Joshua Uley and my mom is Willa Olivar-Uley" Davina explained. "Your Willa's daughter?" Sam asked, confused. "Yes. I'm not sure if you knew about me but I know about you and your mother Allison" Davina answered. "I believe you but I'm not sure why your calling me" Sam said. "I'm calling because my mom is dying and she wants me to move in with you once she passes" Davina answered. "I'm sorry. But what about our father?" Sam asked, confused. "Um. He left us not long after he visited Lapush in 1990. So we don't know where he is" Davina awkwardly answered. "Sounds like him. Um, I guess you can move in with me. Do you have a date set or do I need to come up?" Sam wondered. 

   "I think mom wanted me to move in before she went since she had everything planned once she passed. So I'm guessing October at the latest" Davina responded. "Um, okay. Just give me a call then" Sam replied, awkwardly. "Okay. Thank you" Davina responded. 

October 10th, 2005

   Davina sighed as she put the last bag in the taxi that would take her to Boise where she would then get on an airport to Seattle where she would then take another taxi to her brother's house from the Seattle airport. Davina was worried because she was leaving the only place she has ever known to move to a place where only her mother and father had lived for more than two years. She wondered how different La Push Washington would be to Emmett Idaho. 

   --Seattle Airport--

  Davina grabbed her bags and put them all on the trolley so she could walk easily to the taxi that was waiting to take her to her brother's house. The drive would take exactly 3 hours and 48 minutes. She packed her ten bags into the backseat and trunk in the taxi. She pulled out her phone and texted Sam that she had gotten off the plane safely and would arrive at his house in a little over 3 hours. She and Sam had texted and called each other since she first called him so they weren't as awkward with each other but still not as close as most siblings were. 

  She got in the backseat and gave the taxi driver the address Sam had given her. She grabbed her grimoire and continued where she left off. She wished that her mother was still here so they could have practiced with their powers together. She knew that her mother was probably happy and pain free now but she wished that her mother could have been happy and pain free here with her. She was also worried about meeting Sam's Fiancee and Sam's friends. She wanted to get to know the people in her brother's circle since she wouldn't know anyone there besides Sam.