𝟎𝟑. ━ 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓; marketing help

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━✦ 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓 ✧━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐓 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Here you can get help with marketing your stories to increase visibility and get more readers! Below are some ideas for marketing your stories both on and off Wattpad that I've utilized and have found success in, as well as some tips on what not to do when marketing your story. Please feel free to share any ideas that I've missed or tips for how to utilize them more effectively!

 Please feel free to share any ideas that I've missed or tips for how to utilize them more effectively!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐏𝐀𝐃 
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

✦ 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃; Posting story updates to your message board is the obvious and easy way to market, but it can be effective because it reminds your followers about your stories.

✧ 𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐒; Utilizing tags is another obvious tip but one that I think often gets overlooked. When creating tags, you want to be exhaustive and to think outside the box. The more tags you have, the more likely your story is to show up in a search (but make sure that they're relevant to your story). I recommend searching different tags on Wattpad to determine which tags are more popular so that you can know which ones to use for your story.

✦ 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑; While they say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, it is the cover that catches the eye, and with the tens of hundreds of thousands of stories on Wattpad it's important to stand out. Now, this doesn't mean that you need to be super skilled at editing to make a good cover. In fact, simple is often better since the icons are small. As long as it's clear and unique, you're good to go! There is a list of resources for creating covers later in this book if you'd like more help with this.

✧ 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐋𝐄; Similar to a cover, a title also helps a story to stand out. The more unique the title, the better, because this is what readers are going to search for when looking for your story so you want to make sure that it doesn't get lost in a long list of other stories. This is more relevant for fan-fiction, but another way to increase visibility with your title is to include the name of the fandom or the name of the love interest in the title. For example, my story "001" is titled "001 - [ Steve Harrington ]" so that it pops up when people search "Steve Harrington" and so that it catches the eye of those looking for Steve Harrington fics.