two- drive-in magic

a/n

hello my friends how are you?

this took like

over a month to write but whatever

basically gay things happen at a drive-in movie lmao

a/n over

"Hey, dingus!" Robin yelled when she entered Family Video, jumping over the counter and pulling her vest on.

"Hey, Robin," Steve replied, sighing affectionately. "Did something happen, or...?"

"They're showing Labyrinth at the drive-in!"

"That's not even a good movie!"

"But Jennifer Connely! She's. So. Pretty." Robin drawled, grabbing Steve's hands and swinging his arms side to side. "It's tonight. Please. You have a great car for it," Robin whined, pouting.

"Fine. Whatever" Steve sighed, faking exasperation. "I'm not busy, so we might as well."

"And Eddie could come," Robin teased, drawing out her words. Steve had recently realized he liked Eddie Munson, and Robin would not let him live it down. "Oh! We should invite everyone! Y'know, Nancy, Jonathan. And Vickie!"

Steve smiled at Robin's excitement and, admittedly, at the idea of going to a drive-in movie with Eddie. He'd been to one once with a girl he barely liked, and it was magical even then. With someone he was legitimately falling in love with, it would be pretty fucking amazing. It would be better if he could tell Eddie without being ruined socially (and possibly physically- mm, hate crimes), but still.

"Go call them, I'll take care of the register." Steve gestured to the phone in the back. "And tell them to bring snacks!"

From the register where Steve began stacking tapes for display, he could hear Robin talking to Nancy, Vickie, and finally Eddie. When she was talking to Eddie, Steve found himself straining his ears to hear what Robin was saying.

"Yeah, sure," She said. "No... Yeah, Steve is gonna be there, idiot."

That's about when Steve stopped listening-

Eddie had asked about him.

Shit.

Eddie had asked about Steve.

For the rest of work, Steve found himself lost in overanalyzing it. Did that mean?... No. But it could...

This was too fucking complicated.

~~~~~~

Steve pulled into the driveway of Robin's house, turning off whatever song had just started playing and earning a groan from Robin.

Shaking her head, Robin hopped out of the passenger side and ran up to her house, gesturing to Steve to follow her when she saw he was still in the car.

"Come on, dingus!" Robin yelled.

"Ugh, no," Steve groaned. "Your mom still thinks we're dating. And it's awkward."

"You'll live, Steve. It's more awkward for me, you know. I could never like you. You did like me."

Steve grunted, knowing he was cornered, and got out of the car disgruntledly.

"Okay, so we're gonna get as many pillows and blankets as possible. And I don't trust anyone to get the right chips so we're gonna take my stock of barbeque ones. And maybe we could grab something else, I dunno."

Robin continued rambling, Steve starting to get lost in his thoughts and not really taking anything in. He usually sponged up Robin's speech fairly well, staying much more in tune than a lot of other people did, but Eddie "The Freak" Munson was all Steve could think about.