1.01

" The Camp "

" The Camp "

—THE QUARRY was as good of a place as anywhere that Travis and his cousins had been since the outbreak began. All of the people may not have been ideal to have tagging along, each of them was just another mouth to feed and not all of them could carry their own weight. If it had been up to Travis, they would have robbed the camp after convincing Shane Walsh to tag along with them. Between the four of them, they could have made it out there. But there was no way in hell that the cop was going to leave his new family for a couple of society outcasts. So before the Dixons' could even consider taking anything from the group, they had to see what the group was capable of. If they weren't capable of much, they'd follow Merle's plan, take what they want and kill whoever they have to. But if they were capable, or at least teachable, they'd follow the plan both Travis and Daryl were more in favor of. Take what they need and leave or turn the group into one that would be worth staying with.

       If it had been up to Travis, he wouldn't have sent Merle on the supply run. The man knew his way around a gun, and didn't have a problem doing what had to be done, sure. But nobody in the group was exactly on their best behavior around him, nor did they really care for him. But Merle wasn't having it when Travis suggested that he or Daryl go, even though either of them would have gotten a better idea of what that part of the group was able to do than Merle.

"They'll be back in no time," Dale spoke up as he climbed the ladder up the back of the RV. His cap shadowed his eyes as he squinted across the RV towards Travis. "I don't exactly picture Merle as the type to not get them back."

You don't exactly know him, Travis thought. Merle wasn't the type to get himself back. "As long as nobody kills him in the process." he replied as he picked up the rifle off of his lap as he stood up from the folding chair.

Dale chuckled uncomfortably as he walked across the RV, with his hand outreached towards Travis to take the rifle from him.

"Relax, Dale, I don't think anyone's got the stomach." Travis stated as he handed the man the rifle and made his way for the ladder to hop down from the roof of the RV. "I don't think he's pissed anyone off that much yet." he added as he began to lower himself down the ladder, offering Dale a bit of a chuckle before he climbed down.

        Nobody that had gone on the supply run was someone that Travis was worried about. Nobody had the stomach to even lay a hand on Ed Peletier, Merle was just fine. It was whatever information on the group that Merle could bring back with him that he was worried about. They wouldn't tell him a damn thing, if Travis had gone he could have gotten a word or two out of Andrea at the very least. They listened to him, even if they didn't want to. If Shane trusted him, they did too. But Shane didn't trust Merle, and barely could trust Daryl. The only reason he did was because Daryl was a good shot to have around, he could go into the woods with nothing but a pocket knife and some string and come back with a couple rabbits that they could cook up.