𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚗𝚘 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 | 𝟸𝟻 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

25 October 2005

TUESDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐁𝐀𝐉𝐈 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 I brushed the cotton ball across his cheek, drenched in disinfectant. 

The blood, that was a mix of his own and another's, soaked into the cotton turning it into a mix of reddish browns. After I was satisfied, I tossed it into the toilet with the many others. 

I placed the final bandaid against his cheek bone; not letting more blood pour from the small gash wound. 

"I wouldn't have to clean you up if you didn't get into petty fist fights," I state, fishing out another cotton ball to douse in alcohol. 

The smell burnt the back of my nose – but it was something I've gotten used to over the years. 

Baji rolled his eyes, before grimacing when I started wiping his knuckles, "they were fucking assholes. They had it coming," Baji explains, glaring down at his fist. 

"I can hold my own you know," I respond, throwing the cotton ball into the toilet, grabbing another, "plus, you got us kicked out before I got to finish my drink."

"You'll survive," Baji counters, lifting up his free hand to tap something on my neck. 

I raise a brow at Baji who sat on my bathroom counter, pausing my ministrations on his swollen knuckles, "what are you doing?" I question. 

"Once we're done, Hanma is loosing his damn hand," Baji declares, trailing his index finger down the faded bruises in a shape of a hand. 

I only sigh, throwing the cotton away and flush the toilet, watching as the water mixed with the blood in a swirl.

"You know that he only does it as a silent 'fuck you' to Mikey," I explain, and Baji just scrunches his eye brows.

Baji jumps off the counter, wrapping his own fist with the gauze he pulled out from my first aid kit, "don't care," he responds. 

I huff out, zipping up the first aid, before shoving it back under the counter. 

"You finish up in here, I gotta go put [b/n] to bed," I state, opening up the bathroom door to exit into the living space. 

[b/n] was situated on the couch, nursing a juice box as he watched the family channel. It appeared there was some sort of animation show playing; and [b/n] was entirely engrossed on the two characters present on screen. 

"Come on [b/n], its way past your bed time," I say, making my presence known as I gesture to the digital clock on the kitchen bench, "I'll be butchered if [parent/guardian] finds out I let you stay up pass 11 o'clock and will never let us have the house alone for a night again."

[b/n] lets out a groan of defiance, "the episode is almost over! Just 5 more minutes," he exclaims, clutching onto the couch pillow. 

"You have school tomorrow," I state, crossing my arms as [b/n] turns his head to face the television again, "you'll regret it, [b/n]," I continue. 

"You have school as well, but you get to stay up?" [b/n] opposed, and I pursed my lips, not knowing how to respond. 

"Should listen to your sister, [b/n]."

I turn to find Baji leaning against the bathroom's door frame, an amused smile taunting at my failed attempts to get [b/n] off the couch and into bed. 

At Baji's voice, [b/n] also turns, before getting off the couch, "I guess you're right," he states, walking over to the kitchen to throw his empty juice box in the bin.

"Are you serious, you're listening to Keisuke and not me?" I call after [b/n], watching his retreating form move towards his bedroom. 

[b/n] shrugs his shoulders, "he's cooler than you."

My mouth widens open, and I place a hand to my chest in exaggerated hurt, "how rude!"

Baji just releases a chesty laugh, and I give him a glare, "no respect in this household," I state, turning to walk over towards the television stand.

"Yeah, sure," Baji calls out, following up behind me to jump onto the couch where [b/n] once resided. 

I pull out a CD case, waving it in front of Baji, "look what I got! Noroi: The Curse," I say, smile growing on my face. 

"Woah, you actually got it? It's barely been out," Baji questions as I hand him the CD case, watching as he analyses the movie description on the back. 

"Took a lot of convincing the shop owner," I reply, grabbing back the case to take out the disc, sliding it into the DVD player, "I heard it's pretty terrifying."

Baji scoffs, "as if. I don't believe in the paranormal," he proclaims, as I press play on the movie. 

Letting the beginning credits roll, I race over to the kitchen to grab a bag of salt chips, turning off all the lights on the way back. 

I jump onto the couch, sitting next to Baji as I open up the bag of chips – with Baji taking the initiative to take the first hand full. 

The movie began; the screen holding an image of a Sony VHS, and a warning reading:

"This video documentary is deemed
too disturbing for public viewing
."

 "Come on, get on with it!" Baji calls towards the television. 

I glare at him, although he wouldn't be able to see it as the only light source was the screen, "be quiet, [b/n] is trying to sleep," I mutter in a hushed voice, hitting him across the back of his head. 

"Oi!" Baji exclaims, raising his own hand to get me back, but I ducked just in time. 

"Watch the movie," I state, using my arms as a shield against him. 

Baji releases another huff, before the room went silent again, the only sound being the movie that was playing. 

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

"What... the fuck."

Was Baji's first words after the movie comes to its end; the actors and the roles they played scrolling over the screen. 

"Uh, yeah... don't think I'll ever see babies the same way again," I respond, face morphed in a pained grimace. 

There were a few beats of silence, until Baji spoke up again. 

"Hey, [y/n], not that I'm scared or anything, but you think I could stay over for the night?" Baji asks, and I gave him a knowing look. 

"Yeah, sure," I agree, knowing full well that I, myself, wouldn't feel safe alone tonight. 

| 1073 words |