𝟸𝟹 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 | 𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

23 October 2017

MONDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

Takemichi's pov

"𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐍𝐎𝐖, I wonder why I didn't realise it at the time," Draken states, head downcast, "the heavy cross that he carried with him all the time, even though he was just a 15 year old kid. On that day, Mikey went after Kazutora, and he killed him."

The air was trapped within my throat; head reeling at the knowledge I had just gained.

I stared at Draken through the glass barrier, sitting back down as he continued his story.

"Mikey was never charged with it though. Because Kisaki had set up someone else to take the fall for him. After that, Mikey fell into darkness and Toman was taken over by Valhalla, and it was then it expanded into a giant organisation with Mikey as the commander, and Tetta Kisaki as the acting commander," Draken stood up from his seat, looking down at where I sat, "looking back now, the reason Kisaki joined Toman was probably because of Mikey to begin with."

My eyes widened, "woah, you cant be serious, I could never believe Mikey could kill Kazutora," I slam my fists onto the glass window, "theres so way... I know Mikey, and he'd never kill anyone."

"Can you say that for certain that if you were in Mikey's position, that you wouldn't have killed Kazutora yourself? The guy who had murdered your own brother, and then on that day, Baji was killed right in front of him."

The muscles in my shoulders relaxed, and my hands slid down the glass, making a squeaking sound, "how could Kazutora kill Baji?"

I look up to meet Draken's eyes, grey and void, "you saw it with your own two eyes, Takemichy."

Thoughts clouded my head, unable to put together on how this actually ended up happening. I continued to look up at Draken, searching to see if he would give me any more answers.

"What about... what about [l/n]-san?" I question, unable to put together how she wasn't able to stop it – stop any of this from happening.

It was then Draken's face morphed into something I've never seen before; utter desolation.

Draken didn't say anything, so I continued my train of thoughts, "she had to have been there, she was apart of Valhalla at the time. Couldn't she have stopped it?"

"She was by Baji's side the entire time. She was only a kid too..." Draken paused, voice wavering, "looking after all us idiots. And we couldn't do the same."

I watched a tear free fall from his eye; the topic previously at hand shifting into another.

"You couldn't have known," I state, swallowing hard as
Draken's eyes gazed back up to mine, "Kisaki planned it, that whole night of February 22nd."

Draken's eyes widened, and before he could respond, a buzzing sound flew through the room.

"Time's up!" The guard calls, grabbing Draken by the shoulder, and he let the officer guide him out.

"Takemichy, how do you...?" Draken calls, but was shoved out before he could finish his sentence.

I glance back towards Tachibana, and he nodded his head, both of us coming to a silent understanding. From the way Draken reacted to my statement; it appeared as though no one ever knew that Kisaki was the one who pulled the strings of her death all those years ago.

It also confirmed something else. That my next mission, was to be another impossible task.

And that was saving Mikey.

| 591 words |