𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 | 𝟹𝟶 𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

30 October 2005

SUNDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

[y/n]'s pov

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐙𝐄 blew through my Valhalla jacket as I stared off into the distance; watching as cars drove under and out beneath. 

It was a warmer day, yet autumn still nipped; the clouds over head blocking out the sun every so often. I leaned against the railings, taking a few glances at Baji, whose hair was out and blowing with the gusts. 

His head was tipped back lazily, eyes closed. Although the moment was peaceful, his face was tight, and I could tell he was deep in thought. 

Movement captured in the corner of my peripheral, and I turned to see two boys walking up the stairs on my right. 

I made no motion to move; and Baji seemed to feel the same. Looking between the two walking towards us, I stick my gaze onto the boy with the patch over his eye. 

"Thanks for coming on short notice," the lighter blonde pronounces as greeting. 

Baji sits back up, pulling back on his signature grin, "Chifuyu, you want your ass beaten again?" He asks, and Takemichi jumps back. 

"It's Baji and [l/n]-san?" Takemichi states the obvious, brining my attention back onto his presence. 

Chifuyu takes another step forward, "did you get anything on Kisaki?"

I make no physical reaction, while Baji makes a shocked expression, and it took everything for me not to hit him across the head. 

"You two are spies right? You're spying for Toman," Chifuyu declares, unknowing that if anyone was listening in, the two of us would be in deep shit, "I've done my own research and I've figured out that Kisaki is bad news. So you guys can quit. You can get out of Valhalla."

"The hell are you talking about, dumbass?" Baji asks, curating his expression back to being passive aggressive. 

"When the fight starts tomorrow, if you're both still on Valhalla's side, its over! You'll be seen as Toman's enemy from then on!" Chifuyu exclaims, clenching his fists by his sides. 

Neither Baji or I say anything for a few moments, until Baji turns to lean against the railing again, no longer looking Chifuyu in the eye, "Chifuyu, how many times do I have to drill it into your thick skull? Never trust anyone you're not sure is your friend. We're in Valhalla now, and tomorrow, we're gonna crush Toman."

"Chifuyu," Takemichi then speaks up, "mind if I talk to them alone for a second?"

Chifuyu turns his head to face him, contorted in confusion. He then nodded his head, and  passed by myself and Baji, heading across to the other side of the bridge. 

"There's nothing I have to say to you," Baji comments, turning away. 

Takemichi steps forward, looking at me, "look, I have no idea what you're doing this for," he then turns towards Baji, "and to be honest I don't care. But please, try to survive the battle tomorrow."

My head whipped towards Takemichi, and realisation dawned over me. 

"Huh?" Baji states, focus back on the faux blonde. 

"Don't die. For Mikey's sake."

The words in my throat got caught. Takemichi's words of warning for Baji's – it felt as though they were meant for me to take into consideration, even though they were directed towards Baji. 

'Was this the reason Takemichi has come back? Because Baji...'

"Mikey's my enemy. And tomorrow I'll kill him, go tell him I said so," Baji states, before proceeding to walk away, "lets go [y/n]."

I watch his back walk away from ear shot, and I took the chance to talk with Takemichi, "Baji is next?" Was all I ask. 

Takemichi looks at me, and gave one solemn nod. 

"I'd come back to Toman for the fight... but it seems as though I have to stay by his side," I state, giving Takemichi a small smile. 

He creases his brows, before moving to pull something out from his book bag, "here," he hands out the familiar black jacket. 

I stare longingly at the fabric, "keep it, until the end of tomorrow," I state as I turned away, catching up to where Baji walked away in the distance. 

Possibilities ran through my head as I stared at Baji's hair swaying as he walked; ideas on how I was to protect him tomorrow. 

I had no idea how, or who will be committing the act. 

This made me come to the conclusion of staying right beside him – not letting him out from my sight or further than where I could pull him out of the way, making sure not to repeat what happened on the 3rd of August. 

As I caught up to Baji, taking pace next to him once again, taking a few glances in his direction.

In that moment, I knew that if anything happened when I knew that I had power to stop it from happening, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. So, if it came down to it, I would be there to stop him from getting hit. 

Not just for mine, but as Takemichi said; for Mikey's sake.

| 864 words |