chapter 2: the Harbinger

(y/n)'s pov

do you know what its like to watch your loved ones grow old and die well you stay young forever? finding out your immortal? then having a goddamn angle descend from heaven and handing you a reaper scythe and a magic book and tell you that you have a mission from god to send sinners to hell? ya well that's my life, oh and constant mood swings! i swear there not my own! like i'm channeling someone else's emotions! i would drink but god cursed me! every time i touch liquor, it magically turns to water! or juice if its wine, pills dont do shit to me either, it also does not help that i've been having the same damn dream for 600 years! oh? its been that long? yup, the dream? boring honestly, in the dream i'm standing in pitch black nothingness and in the center i see a tall, skinny man in all black with jet black hair, he has white as snow skin and his eyes are very deep blue/green? he just stands there doing nothing but staring into the blackness with a somewhat blank expression on his face, i've asked him who he is but he says nothing, that's just great!  oh and getting a real job is hard to do since i have a uh baby face? its a bit round? well whatever, i decided if i'm going to send souls to hell, then why not get a job doing so? i've done bounty hunting before in the past, my travels have sent me to a place called Los Angeles where i now live in an apartment, not so big and not so cheap honestly, i also went to what they call the police academy, that was uh long, hard and tiring but i managed to pass! i was then told to report to the Los Angeles police station first thing in the morning, oh that should be fun! i lay down for the night, curling up in bed ready for the same dream, i've found myself telling this mystery person everything for hundreds of years and honestly i dont even think he hears what i say, this night was different though, i was excited of the new job and excitedly told the guy about it, no reaction, nothing, then in my excitement i grab his right hand, at first nothing but then i felt him grab onto my hand a bit tightly and instead of looking into the darkness, he was looking at me! and a small smile appeared on his face and then everything shifted and i was now in a cellar? in the middle of the cellar i see a huge, glass orb and in it is the man, curled up, he looked naked! i blushed as i walked closer and i see him looking at me and he got up quickly, i walk till i'm inches from the orb and i asked:"who are you?", i see him look away some before i heard his deep voice say:"Morpheus", that name......its so familiar, i then say:"why are you in there Morpheus?", he looked at me quickly and put his hands on the glass saying:"these humans trapped me!", my eyes went wide then i heard a gun being ready to be shot and i looked seeing two old men and one pointing a gun at me and i heard the one in a wheelchair say:"who are you? how did you get here?", i looked at him and the man with no fear, i could also see anger in Morpheus's eyes well he looks at the man with the gun who says:"over centuries we have had that man locked up here and he has not said a word then you appear out of know where and he speaks to you, who are you?", so they can see me? is this a dream? i smirked and all the lights went out and there was gunshots and screaming, then the candles lit again showing me holding a scythe and covered in blood smiling, Morpheus looked........amused? i told him to stand back and so he does and i ran to the glass orb (still covered in blood) and holding my scythe and in one quick move, i sliced the orb breaking it and out came wind? i covered my face with my arm for a moment, i then see the man, Morpheus, walk up to me and he said in the deepest voice i have ever heard:"thank you for freeing me, (y/n), i must go and repair the damages of the dreaming world, but i will be back for you i swear it", my eyes went wide, how did he know my name? i blurted out the question and i see him smirk? he then got very close to me and grabbed my hand and put it onto his chest where his heart is and he said:"can you feel it? my heart?", he then put his other hand onto my chest where my heart is and i blushed deep red and nodded, he then said:"your name is on my heart like a tattoo, as my name is on yours meaning me and you are soulmates, now i must go, but i promise to find you", i was lost in his eyes as my heart beats faster in my chest and his smile.......i felt like melting and i just nodded some, i then heard him sigh and he turned away and it was like he did not want to let go of my hand, you might expect for his hand to be cold but no it was warm like the sun in autumn, my hand must feel cold to him and once he let go of my hand i see him being lift up into a portal? what?! once it closed up everything went dark and i woke up on the ground in my room covered in blood! what?! it was 6:00 in the morning, so took a shower and got into clean cloths for work, was that dream real? i could not stop thinking about Morpheus, the feeling of him touching me, i craved it! well time to go to my first day of work.