chapter 3: waves of 2 hearts

Morpheus's pov

once threw the portal back to my realm of the dreaming, everything was blurry for a few minutes and i heard buzzing in my ears, i blinked some hearing a familiar voice, Lucienne, i heard her say:"Sir. Sir! Oh, my goodness, Sir, It's me.......... It's Lucienne, i took in a deep breath gasping a bit, not to badly, i was happy to see Lucienne there, she helped me up saying:"your home my lord", she sounded relieved? we walked to the gates and before i opened them fully i heard her low voice say:"Forgive me, sir, but... the realm, the palace... they are not as you left them",  what?! i looked at her hearing this saying:"What happened here? Who did this?", i see her look away, was she nervous of me? i heard her say:"My Lord, you are The Dreaming, The Dreaming is you. With you gone as long as you were, the realm began to... decay and crumble", so this is because of me?
me: And the residents? The palace staff?
Lucienne: I'm afraid most have gone.
me: Gone?
Lucienne: Some went looking for you.
me: And the others?
Lucienne: They thought, perhaps, you'd grown weary of your duties and--
me: What? Abandoned them? Had they so little faith in me? Do my own subjects not know me?
Lucienne:  If I may, sir. It wouldn't be the first time one of The Endless had just--
me: Enough. I will not have Dreams and Nightmares preying on the waking world. I will bring them all back. I made this realm once, Lucienne. I will make it again.
Lucienne: I knew you would return.
me: The Dreaming must be restored.
Lucienne: of course sir but there is something else that happened well you were away
me: oh? what has happened in my absence?
Lucienne: the vale between our world and the other is gone
me: what?
Lucienne: there was a shift and both realities merged-
me: so that's how (y/n) found me and freed me.....
Lucienne: (y/n) freed you? but that should be-
me: impossible, i know, i have work to do and i will find out how the vale broke 

i looked around my fallen palace and decided the first thing was to use my powers to repair the damage.........lucienne  told me about the library vanishing and how she stayed well most of the others fled, i dont blame them, i managed to make rocks and glass float into the air but i'm too week, i need my tools back! i then heard a gasping sound and turned a bit to fast and my eyes went wide, (y/n)? but how? is she dreaming? the air around her seemed off like the surroundings distorted around her, it did not last long though and before she vanished i heard her say:"Dream....", is it even possible for her to be able to come here without even having to dream? her voice was like silk, sending goosebumps down my spine hearing her say my name, i looked at Lucienne who looked shocked saying:"did you just see what i just saw?", i sighed some, before i can even think about (y/n), i have to find my tools, the fates will know.........

(y/n)'s pov

i froze as i looked at father and i could see fire in his eyes, my mouth got dry as i was thinking about what to say when i see Chloe kinda push him out of the way to the man that i kinda brought back to life? she kept asking what the hell happen and i quickly got up and blurted out:"he was only unconscious not dead!", i sounded nervous as hell and to my surprise father said:"that's right Detective Decker, (y/n) here revived the poor man who was lucky enough to not be dead", she raised her eyebrow saying:"uh huh......", they started to talk and i looked around with my eyes scanning the area when i see a bird, was it a raven? was it from Morpheus? i heard father and Chloe talking in a heated debate of sorts and i took the chance to take off after the bird, ok not my best moments, not even a good idea, but i did it, ran after a bird...........i heard father in the distance shouting my name but he was far too slow, i rounded corners threw the city of L.A. until i stumbled upon another body? another one not really dead, i helped him and heard the raven caw and i followed it, was this raven really helping me? bringing me to the victims? it seems so after about the 5th one and running around the city all day, by night time i was in front of a building that the raven perched onto, i sighed feeling a shift in the atmosphere and i used my powers to summon my scythe as i walk threw the seemingly abandoned building and i slowed down hearing chuckling and someone saying:"shame on you for pretending to be the harbinger, with a fake scythe that cant even cut the chain of fate that keeps a person alive.......", i see a light coming from under a door and i  slowly pushed the old door open and inside, what i saw, i almost gasped, there was a young woman in her 20's with no eyes! they were plucked out! and the woman's soul kept crying saying:"he stole my eyes!", i then see a tall man with blond hair in a white suit, his back to me as he cleans a knife? i then heard him say:"there you are, little harbinger, did my bird help you?", i walked in slowly saying:"your bird? the raven?", he then turned to me and i felt my blood run cold, this man was no man, he had teeth for eyes! i then heard him say:"oh? did you think only Dream had control over ravens? and to think, you of all people had to be the harbinger..........his heart, what a shame", i tried to show no fear as i held my scythe in front of me, i could see that man was made of sand, Morpheus created him? i see him chuckle more and in one swift move, he had severed the chain to the dead woman who vanished, that's just great! a soul i have to chase down........but first i have to deal with this jerk, i took a deep breath and said:"who exactly are you? what do you want?", he started walking closer to me saying:"he's never told you about me? my creator? i'm the Corinthian! as for what i want......that weapon you have there", he points to my scythe and my grip tightened on it as i glared at him saying:"why? why do you need a reaper scythe?", his smirk got wider as he said:"it will help me kill Lord Morpheus of the endless........and you........you have his name on your heart meaning your his soulmate, perhaps i should steal those pretty rainbow eyes of yours and present them to him before i use your weapon against him!", i felt rage weld up in me as i swung my scythe at him and he dodged it so fast and within minutes my scythe was now stuck in a wall and the man called the Corinthian had me by my neck as i'm trying to pry his hands off my neck with my own hands and i feel him lift me off the ground, not really that hard since i'm very short 5'1, i'm clawing at his hands wishing for my spell book that i stupidly forgot at home, i then hear him say:"i'm going to have fun scooping out those pretty eyes of yours!", i feel his thumbs under my eyes with something sharp and i scream and feel one of his hands squeeze tighter onto my neck and i cant breath! everything started to fade to black as i hear the man laugh, i shut my eyes as tightly as i could when i heard a loud voice shout my name and i felt myself fall hitting the ground and threw my blurred vision i see a figure standing in front of the Corinthian, i could not hear what they were saying but i heard screaming and the Corinthian was on fire? he then looked to be dragged threw a portal as his skin burned and he seemed to be trying to claw at the ground before he was swallowed up by fire and the portal closed and he was gone, i then see the figure turn sharply and kneel down to me, it was father? did he really send that monster to hell? i see father saying something but i then blacked out.