mission one; get acquainted.

—"GET YOUR ASS UP, KID! KEEP RUNNING!" she yelled from the bench

—"GET YOUR ASS UP, KID! KEEP RUNNING!" she yelled from the bench. As the young man got up and ran laps around the field, he felt like she was enjoying his misery. He asked himself why he even thought she was beautiful at first sight. She was a sadist!

He remembered hearing some of his fellow trainees talking about how jealous they are of him. Agent Twilight did so many remarkable things that she could be in the history books. Only at the age of 21, she managed to do so much more than any man could ever do for their country.

Some even wished to be trained under her supervision, but if only they knew how cruel it truly is.

She'd deprive him of sleep and train for hours with no rest. She'll even stay up with him. Of course, there'd be breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooked by her, but training was harsher than the military itself!

But the blond thought to himself 'I should be grateful she isn't giving up on me...'

"You should be grateful I'm not giving up on you like the Handler did! The money isn't worth my training, but it'll do. I'm actually having fun."

"Eh?"

"You'll thank me once you receive your first mission. I gotta make you practically pain-resistant. Trust me when I say you'll have to endure way more pain." she clapped her hands "Alright. Go jump in the pool."

"A-Are you kidding? It's extremely cold!"

"So what? Jump before I drown you."

"Yes, Twilight..."

He doesn't take off his training uniform and just got into the cold water. He wanted to cry because of the cruel temperature. But he just suck it up and took a deep breath "Twilight... why is that your code name?"

She tilts her head to the side "Well, I used to have a partner. His code name was Daylight."

He was taken aback "Was?"

"Daylight's retired. He didn't die, don't worry. I don't know what he's doing nowadays but I'm sure he's out getting drunk." she sighed "Motherfucker never took on missions sober."

"How about you? Are you retiring anytime soon?"

"No. I mean, I still have to train you. Training usually takes five years but you get junior missions while at it. If you wanna play with the big dogs, then you gotta improve yourself. I'll need you to build up some muscle or else you won't last."

"Do I really have to?"

"Either that or we electric shock your muscles."

"I'll build up muscle then..."