mission two; find the wife.

—"THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT!" the large pile of jewelry was stomped on by Agent Twilight

"THIS IS SUCH BULLSHIT!" the large pile of jewelry was stomped on by Agent Twilight. She cursed repeatedly while her apprentice examined the items carefully "What's wrong?"

A year passed since he first met her, and the two were sent to steal crates filled with smuggled goods. It was a small mission meant just for the young man, but his mentor insisted she comes with him. Expecting them to be quite expensive, they turned out to be-- "Fakes. They're fakes!"

"Why would they smuggle in fake jewels?"

"To sell them for a large amount."

"Scammers... I see." he sighed "What do we do with these?"

"Just destroy it all so it won't be worth selling. Besides, it's so obvious they're glass! You can just stomp on it and it'll all shatter." Twilight grabbed a small diamond ring from the pile and tapped on the diamond.

"How can you tell they're fake? They seem so real..."

She scoffs "Any girl can spot a fake diamond. It's so obvious. Plus these gold ones are already tarnishing!"

"I'll go right ahead and dispose of the other crates."

"Alright. Don't fall into the ocean on your way out."

"Will do." his eyes lingered on the diamond ring in between her fingertips "Hey, Twilight. Have you ever thought of marriage?"

"Marriage? Not really. I don't think I'll get a husband with an occupation like this."

"Even if you retire?"

"Even if I retire. Now, go throw them into the ocean while I just take out my anger on these glass diamonds."

NOW. Loid Forger's Point of View.

"Scuffy Head!" Anya cheered as Franky entered the home. He placed the large pile of papers on the table, in front of Loid "I copied all the files of unmarried women from city hall."

"Great, thanks."

"You need one who won't care you're divorced with a kid, is refined enough for a prestigious school, and is willing to get married within 48 hours? If a goddess like that exists, I'd sure love to meet her. Meanwhile, I'm not picky at all, yet I can't even get a date."

"How unfortunate."

"Don't pity me, asshole!"

Anya runs to the side of the couch, peeking out her eyes and looking at her father "Is having a kid bad? Am I in the way?"

Loid pats her head "You're not in the way at all. Don't worry. Just go watch some TV."

"'Kay." she runs to the television and put on the recording of the previous episode of Spy Wars. Franky sat down on the other chair, leaning back on the backrest, but then moved a bit to whisper towards Loid.