ღ 1. Who's the New Neighbor? ✯

sfw

༺♡༻

I looked out the car window and let out a long, dramatic sigh. My mom and I were originally going to move to another part of my hometown because of the divorce. My mother, however, decided we'd be moving to California because of all the job offers she'd gotten from there. When she saw how much the paychecks would be AND she'd get paid upon arrival, she couldn't pass it up, not that I'd blame her.
Im not mad at her for making us move to another state, I've always wanted to go to California. For a VACATION. It's just that I had to say goodbye to my very best friends back at home. I hated the fact that the only way we could communicate was over the phone and through the internet on the family computer.
Nevertheless, I'll live. Maybe. My mind raced with anxious thoughts about being the 'new kid'. I've never moved states before, and it didn't help that I knew literally NOBODY here. Hopefully I can make some new friends or something. I'll just try to be open and friendly, that's what my mom tells me anyways.
I was snapped out of thought by my mom excitedly informing me that we were here. My eyes trailed to the driveway and our new house came into view. It was as beautiful as mom said it would be. It was a one-story country house in a fairly secluded neighborhood.
My eyes fell onto our new neighbors' house, which was even prettier. It was a two-story, and the outside was gorgeous. Must be nice. I could've sworn I saw a face peeking out of one of the windows in their house, but it left as soon as it came. Who was it anyway? A kid? Great. I hate kids.
I focused on getting out of the car and waiting for the moving trucks behind us to roll in. My mom was so excited, going on and on about how beautiful it was here. I smiled, glad that she was feeling happier since my dad decided he'd be better off with my brother and my grandma back at my old house.
I shook my mind as if that would help clear it. We went into the empty house and my mom was directing them where to put the furniture down, like one of those people who direct the planes with the glow stick lookin doohickeys. I chuckled and stood there for a bit, admittedly contributing nothing.
I told my mom that I was gonna wait outside, and she gave me her approval, telling me to be careful. I smiled at her familiar warning and went outside, looking around. I didn't really know what to do, so I just walked a little down our driveway, hands in my pockets and kicking loose gravel.
I plopped myself on the curb and picked up a leaf, fiddling with it in one hand while I rested my face in the palm of my other hand. I huffed as I slowly tore it apart, lost in thought. I though I had heard a door open and close and a little giggle, but I guessed it was nothing.
I resumed my activity until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and snapped my head back, expecting to see my mom. In her place was a tall, scrawny boy with a big smile and short hair. He wore a cute sweater and some baggy jeans, resting lazily on top of his scuffed up sneakers.
"Oop-sorry, I didn't mean to scare ya kid, I'm Stu Matcher, I live in the house nextdoor." He apologetically giggled, holding his hand out for me to shake, I guess. Do people still shake hands..?
"Nono you're totally fine, I was totally spacing out anyway. I'm F/N L/N, by the way." I smiled up at him, gosh he was tall. "Cute name kid, hey can I sit here?" He asked, plopping himself down on the curb next to me without a response.
I laughed at his behavior, saying it was cool. "Thanks for the compliment, by the way. I don't really like my name much, so I like to be called (preferred name/nickname). You can call me that, too." I smiled, placing my hands on the soft grass behind me.
"Ah that's even cuterrr! My boyfriend Billy, he likes callin' me Stu pot. Y'know, like a pot of stew. Stu." He explained, pointing to himself. I laughed and said that I got it the first time, and that it was cute. He blushed and looked down, fiddling with a dandelion he had somehow acquired.
"Yeah, Billy's super cool, I think you'd like him. Me an' him are in an open relationship.. or like.. poly I think it's called..? Yeah, that." He explained, putting a finger to his chin. "I'd like to date a girl an' him, I'm just kinda worried one of you-THEM. ONE OF- OF THEM...will f-feel left out, y-y'know.." He babbled, getting flustered.
I giggled, putting a hand on his shoulder and assuring him that it was ok. "I'm poly too, by the way. Y-y'know, for like..whatever.." I looked away, now being the flustered one. I put my hand back, suddenly nervous.
His eyes widened and he looked down again. He tried to hide it, but I could see a big smile on his cute face. "That's cool..hey, do ya mind if I make a nickname for ya? I like nicknames, I think they're cute. That's why I use 'em a bunch. That ok?" He asked, cocking his head.
"Yeah that's totally cool! I got one for you too, actually. Arguably better then yours, might I suggest." I turned my nose up and crossed my arms playfully. "Oh yeah? That's not true, sorry to tell ya, princess." He purred, poking my arm.
"Is that right? Well, tell yours then, I bet mine's better." I giggled, blushing slightly at the little nickname he slipped in. "Well alright. It goes like this, see? I was thinkinnnn.. I could call ya bunny! Originally thought sexy bunny, but that's a little too far, huh" he giggled nervously, putting a hand on the back of his neck.
"Ooh Nono I like them both, I think they're cute! Butttt mine's still totally better." I stuck my tongue out playfully. "Hmm well I'll be the judgea that, cutie. Hit me with your best shot." He challenged, giving me a smug little grin.
"Alright alright, but don't cry about mine being vastly superior..stuperman" I giggled, a big smile plastered on my face. "AW SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT THAT ROCKS, DUDE!! Damn, I gotta think of better nicknames, you're makin' me all self conscious now, dumbass." He gently punched my arm, us both laughing.
After a little while of talking, his face lit up and he spun to me, excitedly telling me his idea. "Hey, ya wanna come over and see my place? My parents aren't home right now so ya won't get to meet them, sorry bout that kid." "Yeah, that would be sweet! Lemme just let my mom know, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I grinned, getting up.
"Fuck yes!! Ah-sorry, I just get excited easy..ehe..okok I'll come with ya!" He chuckled nervously, jetting up and latching into my arm like a puppy as we walked. "You're fine! And yeah, let's just not get in those moving guys' way, alright, beanpole?" I chuckled, noticing Stu almost having to duck under the doorframe.
"Oh shut up, armrest." He teased, using my head as an armrest, like his nickname implied. I was play fighting with him when my mom walked in, snapping a picture of us. We both shot up to look at the flash. "Mooooom nooooo not in front of Stuuuu I just met him, he's really coolllll" I whined, hugging his waist while I dramatically hung my head back.
He giggled and patted my head, introducing himself to my mom and talking with her while I clung to him still. He smelled nice.. I shut my eyes and inhaled his scent, distinguishing each note. He had a faint smell of some kind of cologne, being overpowered by the smells of pine, blueberries, marshmallows, and wet dirt.
One day I'm gonna steal this sweater. He pet my head and let me know that my mom said it was ok, and we both told her goodbye. She pulled me aside for a second and whispered in my ear "He's cuteee make sure you leave a good impression on him." "mooooom" I groaned, blushing. "Alright, Alright. You kids have fun! Y/N, I'll call you for lunch in a couple hours, ok?"
"Alright mom! I love youuu" I waved as we went out the door, walking into Stu's house.

word count: roughly 1400 💀 I couldn't control myself barbz.. (/ω\)