Chapter 3

Cobra's P.O.V

I sat on a tree high up, hidden among the branches. It loomed just over the outside area where the guilds were having their party. But there was only one thing that caught my interest. Her, (y/n).

But she was surrounded by a group of brutes who were putting their hands all over her, following her like dogs rather than dragon slayers.

I watched in anger as they pleaded with her, trying to get her to dance with them. It was like a game for them, they all competed for her hand in a dance.

I watched that lightning dragon, the blonde big shot they called Laxus, carry her away from the herd, then proceed to dance with her.

Then those two Sabertooth boys grabbed her and dragged her away, and they both took their turn dancing with her.

Natsu Dragneel was next, he picked her up in his arms as if  he even deserved to, and he danced with her as well.

I watched (y/n) lean in to kiss his cheek, but then the Iron dragon carted her away, and before I knew it he was walking away with her. Taking her home.

I couldn't watch from the sides anymore, I had to see her, my sweet
(y/n).

When did I build this attraction to her? When did she become 'my sweet (y/n)'? I remembered when we met, it was such a strange, yet almost novel encounter. I remember the time we spent together, and how she kept coming to see me, almost every day, and how I so wanted that again.

........................

Black cloak, (e/c) dress, her hair whisping in the breeze, there she was, looking beautiful as ever. I could see her guild mark, the Fairy Tail guild, tattooed on her collarbone.

She was shopping. Plucking the biggest, reddest apples she could find from a bin and putting them into the basket on her arm.

It was interesting to watch. She looked happy, even doing such a trivial thing.

I too, was wearing a cloak, with a hood to hide my face. True, I was released by the Magic Council,  but people still would not react kindly to my hanging around.

But this girl seemed different, it had been a while since I'd spoken or had a conversation with someone, so I decided to go meet this girl.

I walked up to the bin and started looking through apples myself. I dug through a few and found a plump, red apple.

I held it up to her and smiled, "How about this one?"

She smiled back and took it from my hand gratefully.

"Thank you," she said, then tilted her head, "I don't think I've seen you around here, who are you?"

"I'm Co-Erik, my name is Erik."

She held out her hand, "Nice to meet you Erik."

I took it and shook her hand, her small, soft hand.

"So, why do you need all these apples anyway?" I asked her.

"I'm making a pie out of it for my friends," she answered, simply.

"Wow, that sounds really good," I said, my mouth watering at the thought of such a delectable treat.

"I'll make you some if you want," she smiled, "you can come over to my house while I bake it."

"Really?"

"Sure, you look like someone who's day I could really make." she said, shrugging happily.

"You sure you're okay with letting a strange man in your house?" I raised an eyebrow skeptically.

She chuckled and leaned in closely, her voice barely above a whisper.