𝐈𝐈𝐈 - What A Dreadful Start

RECAP: You are coldly welcomed into the house by Sly, while Julian complains about your company to Edinayol. The next day, Sly informs you of your objectives, and shares his family life with you.

《 ❝ ʜʏᴘɴᴏs - The Greek god and personification of sleep. ❞ 》

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"𝕴'm sure everything will run smoothly."

You rolled your eyes to the back of your head; you were too pessimistic to believe in his sarcastic bullcrap.

"Even an optimist would disagree with you." You said as Slyvester stroked his beard. "Think about it. If I'm supposed to help Julian, shouldn't he be in an emotional mess?"

Hastily Slyvester put a finger to his lips, jumping out of his chair. "Don't you dare say that unless you want to get fired."

You tilted your head. What a weird choice of words. "I'm sorry, fired? What about getting killed?"

Slyvester shook his head, rubbing his temples. "Did you not read the journal I just gave you? Or do you have a thick skull?"

"My bad."

"You should be...and since we're running out of time, I'll just simplify the rules." He tutted in disappointment. "Be thankful."

Turning towards the thirteenth page of your journal, your eyes darted constantly across the page. Bombarded with information, you began to feel a slight headache developing. Clearly, you had no time (or energy) to dust through all those pages, especially in such a short amount of time.

Closing your journal, you accepted Sly's request. "So, give me a run-down of the rules."

"First. You can't harm yourselves or others, neither can anyone who enters this house." A ferocious glare was aimed at you, his voice stern and bold. "Don't you even think about it."

"Sure."

"Second. You're not allowed to leave this house without permission, or under the gravest of circumstances." He crossed his arms, trying to look tough. It was adorable to watch. "Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about...for now."

"Yup. That definitely makes me feel better. Thanks Sly!"

"My pleasure. Anything to help a poor human in need~" He teased, playing along.

You let out a tiny laugh. Sly can be such a clown sometimes.

"Now then. We have less than twenty minutes to get there, so we need to start walking. Right now."

You groaned out a million grumbles. "I'm too lazy..."

"If you don't get up, then I'll throw an ice pack in your face tomorrow morning."

"No! Don't you dare!"

"I mean it~"

And so, to avoid the wrath of the freezing cold ice, you quickly left — your heart filled with hope and gladness.

⤛❂⤜

"𝕸y little sunshine, what are you doing?"

His tangled, brown hair flowed from his shoulders. He twirled a strand of hair around his finger, as he casually read a book. "I'm reading, just to pass the time."

"Julian." Edinayol jumped on the edge of his bed, before leaning over to snatch the book. "I thought I told you to get dressed. You're going to meet my special guest at voltnight."