𝐈𝐕 - Tangling Situations

RECAP: Sly gives you a summary of the house's rules, while Edinayol and Julian engage in a conversation. As a result, both you and Sly encounter an enraged Julian. Deciding to give him his personal space, Julian recalls past memories. Meanwhile, the two of you head towards your bedroom. An awful situation occurs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come here, (Y/N). I need your help."

Your once voidless, monochromatic thoughts collaged into prismatic colours; your soulless eyes transforming anew. Her velvety voice struck a chord, her warm and vibrant tone painting a sandy, gouache scenery. Time became an obsolete concept, as long summers and harsh winters and peaceful springs dashed across the ever-changing sky. Only the sea, the flora, and the woman remained.

As you sat next to her, the woman was stylized into blocks of colour, veiling her eyes with browns. Her body was dotted in the sandy shores; yet it could not hide the rich and deep chestnut colour of her skin. The dream denied her a proper form, counting her as obscure. Your memories had betrayed you.

"What do you need now, Ma?" The words were forced out of your mouth: you had no control.

"Don't give me that attitude. It's not my fault that you lost rock-paper-scissors."

A hearty laugh left you. "I know. But why do we have to cut down these beautiful lilies?"

"These lilies are dangerous to humans, (Y/N). Though they might be beautiful, they can hurt anyone, even your younger siblings."

"But we can always avoid them. No need to get your hands dirty." You said. "We can even go into town and find a better beach to sink our feet in."

Her hands held the scissor carefully, before dropping the lilies in a basket. "We have neither the money or the will to do that."

"Besides, do you really think a warning can stop a lily from growing?" Her smudged face turned towards you. "Goodness, will they even listen to me? You?"

"I don't think so."

"Gosh, they can't even listen to that meatball of a father. I remember when I took them out to the market and they decided-"

"Ok Ma, I get it." You raised up your hands in surrender. "Lesson learnt."

The woman raised an eyebrow, hands on her hips. "You're not just saying it to me, right Bruschetta?"

Bruschetta? What kind of family was I in —

"I'm serious, I'm serious!" You laughed harder.

She neared your face even closer, as if narrowing her eyes at you. But without her eyes, she was a blank face, ominously observing your every move.

"Hmph...good. I wouldn't want your brain to suddenly stop working before your exam."

"Ugh, do I have to take those stupid exams?"

The lady stood up, holding out her hand to you. It was slightly wrinkled, indicating her age. "You have a bright mind, (Y/N). It would be a shame to let it go to waste here."

As you held her hand, the summers and the winters stopped. The yolk of the sky stood tall, blazing its sunlight on the two of you. Time had seamlessly taken back its place.

And the scenery had started to dissolve.

The grass limped and the bark of the trees naturally began to split and the dainty flowers withered, as nature's precious jewel died in the west, as your dream brimmed in serenity came to an abnormal close; your heart aching as the nostalgia bled into your veins, your fingers barely grasping on to her image. Like a painter spilling black paint, your peaceful world had become eaten alive by the darkness, and at the pinnacle of its feast, it devoured the pearl of the seashore, who had warmed your heart.