Chapter 21

Y/N'S POV

I notice a fresh notification on my phone telling me I have a new voicemail and I unlock it.

"You have one new voicemail. To hear the message, press # "the voice machine says.

The message plays as I push the pound key, but there is a pregnant wait during which I can hear the wind blowing through the phone before I hear her voice.

"Y/n.... y/n I'm so sorry, I never meant to hurt you, and I know I did. I wish I could go back in time and undo that mistake so you wouldn't have had to go through that pain, but I can't... so I just want you to know that I will be there for you and our baby because you mean so much to me, and I hope we can build a family together, you, me, Rose, and the baby. I don't care about Colin anymore; he can do whatever he wants as long as I have you, and I believe I'll be fine. I know you don't want to hear it, but I miss you and I need you. Please...please...please take me back. I love you."

As the message ends, my hand clutches my phone tightly as a tear escapes and runs down my cheek.

I don't want to admit it, but hearing that message tore down a wall inside of me. I can act and pretend that seeing her didn't change anything, but seeing her again brought back all those feelings that I tried to bury, and no matter how hard I try, they won't go away.

I still love her.... and it sucks.

Have you ever had that feeling when your brain tells you to move on with your life but your heart wants to fix whatever is broken and give it another chance? The question is, do I listen to my head or my heart?

As I turn around, I see Tyson leaning against the door frame, a sad expression on his face.

"Can you tell me how long you've been standing there?" I question

He signs "a little before you played that message."

I was at a loss for words "I'm— Tyson, I'm truly sorry. I didn't real-"

He raises his hand in order to silence me. "I know what you're thinking, and I'm not going to lie, it hurts, but I knew, I think I always knew, I just didn't want to admit it."

"I just want you to know it's ok this right here," he says as tears fall down his cheek. He says this while pointing between him and me. "was never meant to last, maybe if we met before or in another life things would have been different, but I'm not going to tell you to stay if that's not what you want, follow your heart."

I burst into tears when he said those three words.

"Tyson, I apologise. I'm so sorry I-I- Tyson, I still love you."

"I know you're just not in love with me."

"Tyson." I cry

"It's really okay, y/n just tell her okay and make something of it, alright?"

I wipe my tears away and say to Tyson, "alright." Tyson leans against the door frame and moves towards me, bending down and hugging me. I wrap my arms around his back and press my face against his neck.

I truly believe that if me and him had met in another life, we could have had something so powerful that I knew my heart wanted him just as much as he wanted me, but I can't deny that my heart only wants her.

"So what do I do now?" I ask Tyson as we pull away from the hug.

"Just leave it to me and relax for my sake and the baby's sake," he smirks.