Chapter Two: Haunting My Dreams

The teen just sat there, his sobs echoing in the empty hall of the hospital. Mike never bothered to look up whenever he heard footsteps passing by him. He kept his head buried between his legs, rocking back and forth as tears slowly leaked from his eyes and onto his jeans.

Please be a dream, he begged, smacking his head with his palm, unable to grasp the fact that his brother was in a coma. It was all his fault; there was no one else to blame except him.

Mom and Dad will never forgive me. Mike thought with a sniffle, feeling like he died inside when Evan hung there, motionless, in front of them. Flashbacks clouded his mind, all of which were about him making Evan's life miserable. Every one of those flashbacks were like knives that stabbed him in the heart.

It was half past nine in the evening, but he did not care. He did not care whether he was sitting there for more than an hour, he did not care if people were looking at him. He only kept repeating I went too far in his head over and over again, feeling like it was the only thing he could do. The hallway was silent, and only the sounds of the soft buzzing of fluorescent lights illuminating the corridor were heard.

He stared at the tiled floor between his legs, as if he was in a catatonic state. He heard footsteps approaching again, but he still ignored it. Then he heard an object dropping onto the ground and saw what it was between his legs. It was a doctor's stethoscope, left by the doctor who passed by.

Mike reached for the medical apparatus and glanced at the doctor who had just gone around the corner. "Doctor? Hey!" He quickly stood up and followed him, "Sir, you dropped your-"

But the doctor wasn't there, as if he had disappeared the moment he went into the hallway. However, Mike was able to catch a glimpse of one of the rooms close nearby.

Room 83

"Hello?" Mike looked left and right, with the stethoscope still clutched in his hands. He walked towards the room the doctor presumably went in and knocked. "Doctor? Are you in there?" He whispered, then knocked some more, "Hey."

He reached for the knob and twisted it. He pushed the door open, and it opened to a hospital room almost as identical as his brother's. There, he saw the doctor standing beside a patient lying on the bed, examining the patient's x-ray tests that were on the clipboard.

"Sir?" Mike called out.

The man turned around to face him, greeting the teen with a little smirk, "Yes?" The doctor replied.

"I found something that belongs to you." Mike said, holding up the apparatus he had in his hands. His heart leapt upon seeing it.

It was a Foxy mask.

Mike dropped the mask on the floor in shock. He looked back up at the doctor to see that he was not in the room, nor was he in the hospital, either. He was surrounded by darkness, and the only light he saw was coming from a small window above him. The only sounds he heard were the crickets outside. A foul smell of rotting meat and metal suddenly crawled up his nose, making him gag.

The moonlight shone through the glass pane and illuminated a small wooden table, where a flashlight was. Mike didn't hesitate and quickly ran to the table, snatching the flashlight from it. He nervously fumbled for the switch, as his hands made its way along the cylindrical body of the torch before finding a round button. He clicked the switch on it and a beam of bright light came out from the bezel. He looked up, and gasped when he saw a pair of silver eyes looking at him.

Mike's heart skipped a beat upon seeing the towering animatronic in front of him. Its head was tilted to one side, its mouth hanging open, and eyes half closed, concealing its bright blue, human-like eyes with its silver eyelids. Mike couldn't even tell which animatronic it was supposed to be, because it only had its yellow torso on it, the limbs and head just its bare endoskeleton, save for a large sheet of cloth hanging on its shoulder. It was terrifying to look at, as it looked more like a human skeleton than a robotic one. He covered it with the large cloth resting on its shoulder and turned around.