Chapter 3

Once some of the effects of drinking his blood wore off Eric helped me stand and pulled me close to him. "Are you alright?" He asked in a whisper as he pushed some of my hair behind my ear. I looked up at him and got lost in the beauty of his face, making me smile stupidly. "Trust me I've had worse," I said back in a whisper as our faces slowly started leaning in. Just as our lips were about to meet, he pulled back and quickly picked me up bridal style. "Close your eyes," he said and without thought I tucked my face into his chest, closing my eyes. As I felt the wind whip around me I inhaled deeply and could smell the scent of mint and vanilla coming from him. It was intoxicating, almost taking me to a high I had never felt before. Suddenly I felt us stop and as he set me back down I opened my eyes instantly finding his. He placed his hand on my cheek and I leaned into it, smiling stupidly again. "I want you to get some rest, I will see you again soon ástin mín," he said as he turned me to face the door of my home. Reluctantly I went to open the door as I listened to his steps as he walked down the stairs of the porch. "Thank you," I said, quickly turning back to him. He simply nodded with a smile before speeding off into the night.

As I went back in I was instantly bombarded by Sookie who had noticed I came in bloodied. I was lost in thought about the almost kiss I had shared with Eric and remembering how he had saved me. I finally noticed Sookie as her and Tara started shaking me. "Oh my God what happened to you?" Sookie whisper yelled so she wouldn't startle Grams. Tara started checking me over trying to figure out where the blood had come from, but I quickly swatted them both away, not liking being touched. "Stop it I'm fine," I said trying to speak correctly. I didn't know how they would react to Eric healing me. Sookie had already made it clear she didn't like him and Tara couldn't stand vampires already. I knew Sookie would try to read my mind so I pushed what happened as far out as I could and sang nursery rhymes in my head as I pushed past and headed to my room. I could hear them call after me, but I ignored them as I shut my door and went to my bathroom to shower. Once cleaned up I climbed into bed still feeling like I was on cloud 9. I slowly drifted off to sleep, but this time my dreams were replaced with images of Eric.

In the morning I noticed I overslept a little and hurried to get ready for work. As I bounced downstairs and into the kitchen I was humming a song Eric sang in my dreams last night. Grams and Sookie watched me closely as I stared out the window making coffee. Everything seemed sharper like I could see them clearer. I could swear I could hear all the sounds around me and when I sipped my coffee the flavors stood out more. I grabbed my water bottle and filled it up getting my things ready for work. Not even thinking I kissed grams on her cheek before heading out the door. When I stepped out I saw a new car in the drive with a note taped to it. I picked up the note and read it smiling instantly when I realized it was from Eric.

No more late night walks for you. I hope you don't mind this, I just want to make sure you always have a way to go where you want. Till we meet again ástin mín.

The nickname at the end told me Eric did this and I knew the vagueness if his note was on purpose. I smiled as I jumped in, quickly spotting the keys. Sookie stepped out shocked, just as I sped off. I made it to the bar way before needed, but went inside and took my stuff to my little cubby in Sam's office. As I walked to the bar past Lafayette and Sam, they watched me humming and smiling ear to ear. Sam looked at Lafayette confused as Lafayette watched me giggling. As I was working on my prep someone grabbed my arm, which I quickly found out was Sookie. "Alright spill," she said looking irritated as she pulled us to a stop in the kitchen. Lafayette watched closely making sure Sookie didn't upset the good mood I was in. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said smiling innocently. Sookie scoffed and I could see Lafayette trying to hold back his laughter. "Oh for gods sake, you're humming, and where did this new car come from?" She asked getting more animated. I blushed from the look Lafayette was giving me before looking back at Sookie. "I didn't realize I was humming and as for the car it was a gift from a friend," I said. Lafayette snorted as he kept trying to hold back, making me shoot him a look. He walked over to me swaying his hips. "No judgement boo boo. You do you and enjoy it," he said as he turned me and led me from the kitchen.