Chapter 3

I had fallen asleep on the truck because that night I hadn't gotten much sleep. I was wide awake on the icy laundry room tiles going over the escape plan in my mind.

And it had worked pretty damn well, because here I was! Stowing away in a horse trailer. Parker Winston the little stowaway gypsy. I laughed at that thought.

I didn't get to ride with shooting star, but hey, I wasn't complaining. It would have been pretty uncomfortable in there with a 550 kilogram horse standing over you.

I pulled at the bottom of my jacket and shifted myself so I was in a more comfortable position, I was huddled in a corner surrounded by hay; hidden. It was really snug and pleasant and I personally enjoyed the smell of hay, I found it relaxing. This was heaven compared to that laundry room.

I must have been asleep for a only a few hours because the truck hadn't stopped yet. And I still felt sluggish. From where I was I could hear the radio from the truck, some new upbeat rock and roll song was playing. The cowboy man must have been deaf if he had his music this loud. Probably getting thrown off horses for living had cost him his hearing.

I had started to fall asleep again.

The roar of the truck engine and every now and again the whinny of shooting star, a song on the radio. I heard dust spraying from the trucks tires. These noises were faint and calm so I didn't mind.

It was raining. I was standing by myself because I had separated my self from my relatives and their soppy apologies. "We so sorry for your loss." I was fucking sick of hearing that over and over. My drug addict mother had died from a heroin over dose, and I didn't shed one single tear. I knew it was gonna happen one day. I was heart-broken and angry. But I wasn't angry at the fact that she had died. I was angry at my brother, I hadn't seen him in over three weeks after he ran away and left me, and he didn't even have the nerve to show up at our own mothers funeral. Not that she ever acted like a mother to us. But I was only a 7 year old. I didn't understand the world, and I needed someone to comfort and care for me. People were gathered around my Dad, he had a bitter look on his face and actually looked relieved. Bastard.

I woke up. But not with a start. It wasn't like a nightmare, more like just me remembering the past.
____________________

More like a filler chapter to make Parker's past a little more clearer. Hope you enjoyed. xx -Bree