Doomed

"Sometimes what you're looking for comes when your not looking at all."

- Anonymous

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gauhar's POV

I felt a sinking in the pit of my stomach as I faced the door that held my doom. I hoped the ground would open up and swallow me, so that I didn't have to face the confrontation that awaited me.

But if the floor did swallow me I'd only end up on the floor below. Which sucked, but then reality was never fun, was it?

I dreaded having to talk to father. I wondered if it was advisable to hide my face with a mask so that father didn't notice the slowly growing swelling on my cheek. But then, I was sure that would make him even more suspicious, why did father have to be so perceptive?

Dang it.

It was not that I was afraid he would give me a dressing down worse than the one my mother gave me. I was a weathered warrior, I knew nothing could phase me now.

Mother made sure of that.

I was afraid to see disappointment and hurt on his face for the actions committed by me. My heart had faced many blows, but I was sure that the sadness in his onyx eyes would definitely break me apart. That is why I sincerely hoped that the concealer had done its job. If not then Daniya was going to regret ever forcing me to buy it.

If that incompetent concealer failed to hide my mistakes form the one person in my life I looked up to, then it was time to file a lawsuit against cosmetic companies for lying to everyone.

I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. Not wishing to see the images that my mind had begun to conjure but I didn't have the power to stop myself from thinking it. I hated when these unbidden images swarmed my mind.... I always wished I could erase the unpleasant parts of my life.

But everything couldn't be that easy, could it?

I took in a deep breath, as my fingers curled into fists. My anger always got the better of me, no matter how hard I tried to seal it in the darkest parts of my mind. Its scorching heat always melted all my defenses. The bruises on my knuckles from nearly killing a man was proof of how inept I was at controlling myself.

I hated felling helpless, and anger always made me feel that way.

I felt my ears perk up as I heard two voices coming out of the study, pulling me out of my short trip to sorrowland. I furrowed my brows as I tried to understand the words spoken on the other side of the door. I could decipher a pair of voices arguing. One was definitely my father, the other one was also oddly familiar.

The voices seemed to keep getting louder.

Not that I was complaining , I was happy I no longer had to stick my ear to the door to hear the sounds. But the words spoken shocked me, I covered my mouth to stifle the gasp that threatened to escape my mouth.

What was going on?

"You had only one job, and that was to make sure that they didn't complain. And Alyaan, you weren't even able to do that properly!" fathers voice travelled up to me, I could sense the anger vibrating in his voice.

"It wasn't my fault! I tried my best, I always do. Why don't you believe me? Brother have you lost all trust in me?" I heard uncles distressed voice travel up to me.

"Don't you start talking about trust Alyaan, you know I trust you more than anyone else. But you were supposed to make sure they were satisfied with our products. And now they are demanding a refund, how are we supposed to cope with the loss?" father sighed, the worry in his voice sliced through me.