Betrayal!

"Siblings are the only enemies you can't live without."

- Anonymous

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

He huffed as he supported the heavy man on his shoulder "Alright then, I'll leave. It was a pleasure meeting you Miss. I have your blonde friend waiting in my car, I'll make sure she is taken care of."

I followed him to the car, blondie was sitting at the back, her head resting against the backrest of the seat. The almost psycho stuffed the troll into the car and turned towards me, an eye-blinding grin on his face "Well have a safe day lil- Miss!"

He gave me a mock salute as he sat down in the car and drove off. My eyes followed the car as it sped past the trees into the distance.

"He was an angel wasn't he?" I heard Daniya sigh, causing me to jump.

"You're calling that psycho an angel now?" I raised my eyebrows at her incredulously.

"Did you even see him Gauhar? He's a perfect angel. And you're wearing his sweatshirt now." She pointed out, staring at the entirely too large sweatshirt draped over me.

"Whatever, I don't have energy to quarrel with you."

"By the way, you should stop doing that Gauhar, I'm afraid that one of these days I'll have to carry your heavy body home. And let me inform you, I do not look forward to watching the look on your mother's face when she sees your dead body."

"Ha, she'll definitely suspect you of murder. And not without reason, you did yourself admit to fantasizing about choking me in my sleep." I grinned at her.

Daniya growled in irritation "That was absolutely not a fantasy."

I chuckled at her annoyance "Then I'll make sure I don't die than. Can't have you writhe in pain as your back hurts after carrying me." I assured her kindly.

"It's because of men like this that I'm thankful I wear the hijab, even if it makes me sweat like a fountain." Daniya said as we continued to walk on our way.

"I refuse to be objectified by jerks like him, it's my choice who sees me and who doesn't. And it's most certainly not men like him." I agreed vehemently.

"By the way, your mum is going to go mad when she sees you like this." Daniya reminded me as we walked home. I looked down at the oversized sweatshirt and groaned in despair "I am so not looking forward to that confrontation."

"I wonder what she'll think when she sees you in a mans clothes." She mused "I would say I feel bad for you but I don't, so I won't lie." Daniya said, proving what an amazing friend she was.

"You are so not helping my situation right now." I glared at her "If you don't have anything good to say, kindly keep your mouth shut."

As we stopped in front of my house I took in a deep breath, who knew facing your mother's wrath was even worse than fighting a troll.

"All the best!" Daniya said, as we stood near the door. My ears pricked up as I heard a familiar ringtone, my brother was home. I ran a hand down my face in irritation....the day seemed to just keep getting better and better. I noticed that Daniya's face had turned weirdly pale, the smile on her face had slipped off.

"By the way, mom said she is making kunafah today, I think I'll bring you some when I come to make sure that you are alive." she started moving away slowly.

"Why don't you come inside? I'd be saved from the ordeal of facing mum's anger if you were there." I gave her my most hopeful smile, hoping beyond hope that she'd stay.