Chapter 24 - Remembering York Part 2

"I love what the young people are doing," Shelly told Greg frankly as she got ready to leave the Abernathy's home while the young people continued to talk in the family room.

"So do I. We can share whatever we learn," Greg promised.

"Yes please, do. See you for the evening show?" Shelly asked.

"I'll be there," Greg promised, and he opened the door.

"Hello?" John Wilson said when he realized Shelly was leaving.

"Hello and goodbye. It's nice to see you, John," Shelly said as she literally passed him in the doorway and left.

"Likewise, Shelly," John replied looking questioningly at Greg.

"Welcome John, Peter please come in. Peter, the young people are in the family room. You know where," Greg advised.

"Thank you," Peter said politely, and he hurried away.

John held back looking questioningly at Greg.

"We began this roughly an hour ago. Shelly joined us before she needed to leave for the theater," Greg quietly explained. "Shelly, Reuben, Susan and I are only observing as best we can. We are hopeful the young people may make more progress without us interfering."

"I'll do whatever I can to support what you and they are doing, even to not saying anything," John promised.

Greg nodded. "This way."

Greg led John to the family room where he joined the seating area to the side of the main circle. Meanwhile a chair had been found inside the circle for Peter between Adam and Oliver along with the other young people. By the time he returned, Greg found the conversation had shifted to ways to tease out what they could learn from their dreams, what it was the Lord might want each of them to do.

^^^

"So, we know faith is important. I get that. We also know, or we think we know that religion is important too, though maybe it doesn't matter so much which religion you belong to?" Todd raised the question to the group, looking curiously between Zack and Kelly, who were clearly Christian, and Xavier and Dori, who were Jewish. There were also Bert and Jessie, and Greg and Susan to consider, both of whom were couples of faith but with differing religions.

"I think it does matter," Zack was telling him. "But what is right for one person might not be right for somebody else. For example, if I tried to become Jewish, the way I did in my third life, that was totally wrong for me, but for Papa Simon it was the right thing to do."

"It was the other way round for me. I was better off being Jewish," Jessie reminded him.

"I remember," Bert told her. "You were in your next life too."

"In our York life most of us kept going back and forth," Adam recalled.

"That's probably because we didn't have faith, and what we called religion was really just a label to keep us from getting in trouble with the king," Dori observed.

"Yes, that's it, exactly. The place people prayed the most whole-heartedly, where it actually meant something wasn't in a church or a temple, or even in the Ministry. It was in the Guild Hall," Megan recalled.

"It was the one place we had where we could support one another without clergy or the government getting in the way," Lindsey agreed. "And even us women were welcome there in the early days."

"Like we were in the yard at the Stone Village," Phebe agreed.

"The Guild Hall," Oliver repeated thoughtfully. "Is that the building we were calling 'Todd's Hall' for the longest time?"