---two---

You blink your eyes open and tilt your head around to view your surroundings.

You find yourself laying on a cot, in a hut made of wood.

Unfazed by what had happened earlier, you get up, wrapping your body in a slightly stained red comforter. Across the room is a small window, so you walk to it hopping to get a better perspective on what the hell is happening.

You know that what you had seen earlier, but that was only a small portion of what the bigger picture is.

What you see is unbelievable.

There were walls, each easily over 100 feet high, boxing in the area. In those walls, you see boys working. Some chopping trees, some planting seeds, some using the cut limbs to craft new things.

The ones that stood out the most, were the one coming out of the openings in the walls that you had entered before.

They all jog up to a small house, and go inside.

"So you're awake," says a voice behind you, as it's owner places a hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah. I am." you say back to him as you shrug his hand away.

"Want a tour?" he asks as you turn to face the owner of the voice.

He had dark skin, and had old eyes full of wisdom. You knew instantly that he has been here for a while.

"Sure." you say, dumping the blanket back onto the cot where you once laid.
He tosses you a navy blue hoodie that is four sizes too big, and uses the other hand to hold the door open for you. Reluctantly, you pull it on because the temperatures are dropping. Then you follow him out into the crisp afternoon air.

"My name's Alby," he says to you. "Let's get this over with."

Where you were when you woke up is called the homestead. It is the makeshift hospital, and a sleeping area for most of the gladers. Not too far away are the slammer, gardens, animal pens, and deadheads. The blood house is used for the slaughter of animals, a box for supply shipments and monthly greenies, and a map room for "stuff" as Alby puts it.

For the end of the tour, you head to the kitchens, where the meals are made and eaten. The sunset was fading, so it was time for dinner when you arrived.

As you approached, all heads turned to stare me at you.

"Why are they staring?" you whisper into Alby's ear.

"You're the only girl in the Glade," he says back with a wink.

"I know." you reply.

Your conversation with the boy in the maze had started to come back to you. The worst thing, was that you couldn't see what he looked like with your blurry vision. You wonder if you will ever find out who that guy was.

Your thoughts returned to where you are, and you turn to ask Alby a favor.

"Can I sit with-?" you start, but he was already gone.

About fifteen of the boys grab a torch, and began to whoop loudly at each other. Then they throw the flaming sticks at a huge pyramid of wood made for a bonfire.

Then they all rush in line to get food, taking you with them.

You grab a plate of mashed potatoes, a sloppily-made hamburger, an apple, a tin cup of water, and a spoon.

You stand there by yourself for a moment, then an arm swings itself around your shoulders. The mysterious figure walks you to a wooden lunch table and sits down across from you with his tray in the other hand.

"Hey Greenie!" says the boy.

"Hey stranger," you say, taking in a spoonful of potatoes.

"Do ya remember you name yet?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Are you gonna tell me?"

"Want to guess?"

"Gimme a hint,"

"It starts with a-"

"(y/n)"

You stare at him in disbelief. How on earth could he know your name?

"There was a box with your name plastered on the side in the box when you came up." he said with a smirk.

"And how would you know that?"

"Let's just say gossip gets around here pretty quickly,"

"How did they know it was mine and not someone else's?"

"Do you think that (y/n) is a guy's name or something? Because I'm pretty sure it's a girl's name."

"Good point," you say with a short laugh. "What's your's?"

"Want to guess?"

"No"

"Aw. You're no fun," he says, pushing his hands onto the table. "It's Minho."

"Nice to meet ya," you say, shoveling another bite of flavorless mashed potatoes in your mouth.

"Can't say the same about you shank."
He winks and gets up from the table, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

You smile at the idea of him liking you. Oh gosh, one day in and you're already falling for one. Okay, two. There was that guy you had met in the maze. Maybe they were even the same person! After all, they were both pretty damn sassy.

Ha. Impossible. Right?

You finish up your plate and put it with the rest of the boys' dirty dishes.

Then you walk yourself back to the homestead and into the hut you'd been in earlier.

You knew your life was going to be very different than whatever it used to be like.