4

✓ILLECEBROUS 4

DOLLY MTHOMBENI
I watched as everyone stepped out of the church,I was uncomfortable and I wanted to leave.
Daniel:Hello love.
I looked at him and sighed.
Me:Look I don't want to fight with you right now.
Daniel:Well I do understand why you didn't want to talk, everyone is not perfect and is bound to make mistakes. I wasn't expecting you to be a little angel but could have told me the truth. Thimna-
Voice:Dolly?
My blood went cold as I turned,there he was still looking fresh as before. He didn't even look that old.
Me:Mr Mhlekwa.
Daniel was stunned.
Mzi:Fancy seeing you here.
Me:This is my husband Daniel.
I could feel sweating as Thimna and the other kids stepped out, everyone seemed to notice or it was my anxiety. I looked at her as she looked at the man,the resemblance was uncanny that was true.
Me:We should get going.
I grabbed Daniel.
Daniel:Well he looks just like her.
Me:I don't care!
Daniel: You might not,Thimna does want to know her father.
Me: He's married!
Daniel: She's his daughter either way!
Me:No,no, she's not going anywhere near him.
Daniel: You had the right ages ago not anymore,Thimna has to know her father with or without your approval. You'll find me in the car.
I sighed.
Thimna:Was that my father?
I jumped and looked at her.
Me:I-yes.
Thimna:He doesn't want to know me,does he?
Me:This is why I didn't want you to know Thimna.
Thimna:Is it because of the affair?Is there something wrong with me?
Me: He's married tha-
She just left me standing and walked to the car. I looked at the cross.
Me: Forgive me father.
I could feel eyes on me,I turned and Mzi stood there with his mouth open.
Me:Oh God, don't do this to me.
I walked to the car and stepped in. This was going to be the longest day.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Unfortunately we were a little too early at home,Thimna locked herself in the room and Zed went to the TV room and my husband didn't want to speak at all. So I decided to walk around my home. It was actually bigger and better than before,there were more trees and flowers unlike before.
Voice:Miss Mothibakgomo.
I continued walking.
Voice:Mrs Mthombeni.
I turned.
Me:Sorry , I am not used in being called Miss Mothibakgomo.
Elijah:It has been a long last time I saw you.
Me: You are still the one taking care of everything in this house.
Elijah:Well working for your mother has its benefits.
Me:How was working with my father?
Elijah: I never really worked for him, even when he took over the church I still took orders from Ma not him.
Me:Why not?
Elijah:Look he was your father,a good one and changed when he took over the church. It's like being a pastor made him turn to something we didn't know,even your mother was surprised.
Me:Did he hurt her?
Elijah:I have to check on the cars,it was nice to see you Dolly.
He turned in a hurry and left me there. Why did he just change the subject when I asked if my father hurt my mother or what? What really happened when I left?
_________________________________________
LIHLE MANZIMA
I watched as he continued typing on his laptop.
Me:Denise knows that Smanga is sleeping with Khanyo.
He turned so fast.
Me:Well Themba told the wrong person and I wasn't about to deny the truth.
Vuyo: You could have pretended not to know.
Me: Why would I do that huh?To protect your reckless brother?What is he to me?
Vuyo:Do you know that this will get to my mother?
Me:Hey Anele spilt the beans and I supported the truth.
Vuyo: You could have kept quiet!
Me:I could have but then I didn't,I wasn't planning to. Do you understand that if this comes out,he doesn't stand the chance of taking over the church?
Vuyo: What?!
Me:If he can sleep with his own young sister,who says that he cannot do it to kids?
Vuyo:He wouldn't -
Me:Why would Nolukhanyo agree in sleeping with her own brother if not threatened? What explanation do you have for the future pastor huh?That temptation got to him and he bed his little sister?I wonder how long has he been doing that huh?
Vuyo: I am sure he wouldn't force-
Me: You sound like a rape apologist,my dear husband.
Vuyo: It's not like that,I am sure.
Me:If he was raping your niece would you say that?
He sighed.
Me:This is going to come out one way or the other,if I were you I would not be on the supporting side of your older brother. You stand to be the pastor with him out of the way.
Vuyo: He's my brother.
Me:And I am your wife, there's an opportunity right here and you are missing it. Man up and take the opportunity, you only have 24 hours before tomorrow. Let me go prepare dinner.
I stepped out of the room and walked to the kitchen.
Denise: Didn't think you were coming down.
Me:I am always helping with cooking, mention a day I didn't come.
Anele:Guys do you have to fight?
Me: Your sister in-law was hoping that I knew nothing.
Denise:I know exactly what you stand to gain with this.
Anele:Stand to gain? Your husband is out there, fucking his sister and you are worried about the position. Position? Your husband shouldn't be a pastor.
Voice: What's going on here?
Me: Little misunderstanding Mama.
Mama:Why are you three fighting instead of cooking?Or go outside and fight like your husbands?
Me:It wasn't like that Ma.
Mama:We have two guests coming over, don't waste my time. Lihle follow me.
Anele:Lihle-
I walked out without turning around,my husband was going to sit on that chair one way or the other.
Me:Is everything Ma?
Mama:I want you in charge of making sure that there's enough food tomorrow.
Me:Denise is responsible.
Mama:Denise hasn't come back to me, hasn't got anything,I don't know what is going on with her but she's not doing her part.
Me: Decoration?
Mama: I'll have Lumka figure that out,I can't have starving guests. I hope you won't do the same.
Me:I will do everything,I can.
Mama:Good.
She turned and left.
Me:Well,well look at that.
______________________________________
PASTOR BOKAMOSO
I sat looking at the notes.
Me:This is going to be a long day.
I looked at Mandla and sighed.
Me:Is it because I still love you that I am keeping you alive?Well there could have been investigations if I did but anyway, it's not like they would have done anything.
I looked at him.
Me:It was the best decision to make you immobile and unable to speak, you wasted my life.
My phone rang.
Me:Yeah?
Voice:We have a problem.
Me:What problem Archbishop?
Voice:The person who might get the position, just offered the congregation a million rand.
Me:To make him a pastor?Are you fucken serious?
Voice:Yes.
Me: I'll deal with him.
Voice:How?
Me:Yeey don't ask me.
I dropped the call and grabbed my bag. I was about to walk out but turned to look at Mandla.
Me: You know you ungrateful men aren't shit, I'll fix them.
I walked down the stairs.
Vuyo:Are you going somewhere?
Me:Want to come with me?
Vuyo:I didn't mean it like that.
Me:Then don't ask me. Two,I won't be stopping petty fights between your wives like you three. I'll kick you out,I don't have wrinkles and I am not getting them because of you dearest sons. Now I am going out and will be back before dinner!
I walked out.
Me:Elijah!
Elijah:Ma!
Me:Accompany me, I have a little problem to fix.
We drove to the guest house not far from where I lived.
Elijah:Is there something that you need done?
Me:Oh no, I will fix this this myself. Stay in the car.
I walked to the front gate and headed to the room he was in. I knocked.
Me: It's Pastor Mothibakgomo.
The door opened and Sage stood.
Me: Pastor Sage can I come in?
Sage:I am surprised that you are here in my room.
Me:Which I booked for you.
Sage:Very grateful.
Me: Didn't think that you had millions, would have charged you more.
He looked shocked.
Sage:Who ran to you?Women always want things to go their way. What makes you think that you have a chance to be elected huh?
Me:I don't need chances to come,I make them.
Sage:Who did you sleep with to get this far?
I chuckled.
Me:So according to you dear, we get this far by sleeping with someone? You have no idea.
Sage: Pastor Mothibakgomo just know that you are not sitting on that chair and move on,I would like you to leave.
I took out the gun.
Me:I don't think so.
He jumped.
Me:Now where is the money?
Sage: Right,right here!
Me:Hand it over.
He moved the bag to me.
Sage: Don't hurt me,please.
I pulled the trigger and it hit him on the head.
Me:Oops I was suppose to miss, meh.
I grabbed the bag and walked out. I got in the car.
Me:It must be one million in there,put it in the bank.
Elijah:Yes Mam.
Me:And make sure that the police know that he was planning to bribe the church with the money. Men are stupid.