6

✓ILLECEBROUS 6

VUYO
Me: I know that I have called this meeting with a heavy my elders,it is not my intentions to delay today's convention but I couldn't stay any longer.
I looked at Lihle,she rolled her eyes as I looked at the camera again.
Archbishop:We are about to enjoy our breakfast my son,how serious is this?
Me:It couldn't wait but it is about my brother.
Now they looked interested.
Me:I know that I could have shared this with my mother but I couldn't handle to see her heart break like that. After thinking this through,I have realised that a person like Smanga cannot lead the church in anyway possible.
Pastor: Mothibakgomo speak now or forever hold your breath.
Me: He's sleeping with someone outside his marriage, someone that we both know.
They looked surprised.
Me:We,as his siblings have known about this but we didn't know what to do. My fear is that he is not stopping instead he's continuing with this behaviour.
I sighed,this was getting heavy as I spoke.
Me:I know that he will be pissed that I told the truth but I can't let him do this to Denise any longer. A known king slept with someone's wife and he was punished,at the same time I am protecting him from such humiliation, hoping that I could help him stop.
Archbishop: You do know that your mother will have to know why he's not becoming the pastor?
Me:I know what will happen.
Pastor:This leaves the church with no pastor.
Me: Hopefully you will find someone who will fill the position. I apologize for disrupting your breakfast like that.
Archbishop:It takes courage to tell such truth about your own brother,I am proud of you son.
Me:Thank you. Have a lovely day.
I dropped the video call.
Me:This won't end well.
Lihle: That's it huh? Not once did you say something about Khanyo,do you think she's sleeping with him because she wants to?Ask yourself big brother!
Me:Thembelihle please.
Lihle: You will find me downstairs.
She stormed out of the room, Smanga stood there in confusion.
Smanga: What is going on?
I sighed.
Me:The baby thing.
Smanga:She still doesn't want to try?
Me:Yep, let's go downstairs before Mom gets pissed.
Smanga:Denise didn't sleep in the room,I swear she knows much more.
Me: You think she heard?
Smanga:Themba might have told her something, she's acting different.
Me:Can we worry about today going well not this?I am too stressed.
I just betrayed and it was weighing on me,at the same time I had to say something now my worry what if Khanyo was being raped?
__________________________________
PASTOR BOKAMOSO
Me:Sesethu please help me with the shoes.
Sesethu:Red bottoms granny?
Thimna: I am going to ask this again,are you sure we're your grandkids?
Me:Yep baby.
Elijah:Ma Mothibakgomo you have visitors.
Me:Early in the morning? Bring them in.
Elijah: It's detectives.
Me:Detectives?Hurry,bring them in.
Everyone looked confused,the detective walked in.
Me:Detectives please sit down.
Detective:We are not here for long.
Me:Uhm is something wrong?
Detective:We would like to speak with you in private.
Me: Unfortunately in this house, when you are on the table, you don't leave unless your food is finished. Now please do tell.
Detective:Do you know Pastor Sage?
Me:Yes, he's also running for the Eastern seat along with me.
Detective:How well do you know him?
Me:I only heard about him few backs that he was running for the same position. Is everything alright?
Detective: Have you spoken to him?
Me: Yesterday at the convention,well talking about who we thought would win.
Detective:Do you know where he stayed during this time?
Me:Well in one of my guest houses,not sure which one,maybe the one in the township. Detective is something wrong?
Detective:He was found shot on the head,dead on the scene and the one million he stole,gone.
Me:What?!Oh God! What do you mean dead?Shot in my guest house?What?!
Detective:Do you know anything?
Me:No. I can't believe this.
Detective:Where were you last night?
Me:On my bed?
Detective:If you remember anything please call us.
He handed me a paper before they left.
Me: What a horrible way to start a day.
My phone rang.
Me: Archbishop Pele.
Voice:Smanga will not take your reigns in the church.
Me:On what ground?
Voice:It has come to us that your son is cheater, committing adultery yet he's about to be a pastor.
Me: What are you talking about?
Voice: Don't tell me that you don't know this?
Me:I don't meddle in my children's lives,how are they suppose to learn?
Voice: Clearly they didn't inherit your vicious ways.
Me:Who is taking the seat?
Voice:Vuyo. It's only reasonable that it stays in the family.
Me:How did you get the information?
Voice:Check your household Bokamoso,there are rotten tomatoes in it.
The line went dead,I rubbed my forehead.
Me:Why do I have to go through this huh?
Khanyo: Everything alright?
Me: I just received a message,Smanga you are not taking the position.
Smanga:What?!
Me:Vuyo is.
Vuyo:What?Why?
Me:Ask Smanga,I am sure he can tell why he is cheating on his wife.
Smanga:I am not cheating on anyone!
Me: You dare raise your voice at me you stupid child! Like father like son,Denise gave you everything you ungrateful piece of shit and you do this?
Denise sniffled.
Me:Wait a minute,why are you sniffling instead of anger?
Denise:I suspected -
Me: You knew the truth and still kept quiet?
Denise:Ma it's not like that.
Me: It's like what?Have another cheating Mothibakgomo pastor lead the church?Is that it?
I watched all of them,I knew that most of them were aware.
Me:Smanga are you telling me that night you were going to beat Themba because he found out?!
Smanga:Mom-
I hit the table.
Me:Yes or no damn you!
Silence.
Me:I shouldn't be angry,deep breaths Bokamoso,deep breaths. You are going to bring the woman whom you were sleeping with or I will find her myself. You have until Friday.
I got up.
Denise:He promised to stop.
Me: Hey,hey,hey,hey!
Denise: It's -
Me:Tlohela ho bua bohlanya!
She shrank.
Me: You will find me at church.
___________________________________
SMANGA
Silence as everyone sat eating,the kids left so did Khanyo and her husband,even Dolly.
Me:Themba-
Themba:Yoh yoh big brother, don't start with me. Not today.
Me: You went and told the congregation about this?
Anele: You are not serious right? You still want to continue fucking your damn sister?!
Me:Who asked you to speak?
Vuyo:Smangaliso!
Me:What?!This one couldn't wait to go and report, fucken wimp.
Themba: You are a rapist and I won't stop until you are in jail.
Me:In jail?Do you have proof that I was sleeping with Khanyo huh?I didn't sleep with Khanyo.
Denise: You are sick do you know that? You are still-
Me: You really think that I would sleep with my own sister?My own blood sister?I never really thought you were that dumb dear wife, you want me to cheat so bad but you think it's with my sister. Who convinced you that was true?Themba?
Themba: You are one sick manipulative bastard just like your father.
Me: Anele stop your husband or I will kill him with my bare hands.
Anele:I would like to see you try Smanga.
Vuyo:No one is hitting anyone here!Smanga do you really have to do this?
Me:This one went and betrayed me. I am going to settle the score boy.
He chuckled.
Themba: You think we're still kids when you could beat me anytime? You are dumber than your wife then.
Denise: Don't insult me.
Anele: You are dumber because in that empty head you are starting to believe him.
Denise launched herself on Anele,I don't know what really happened or how Lihle got in front of Anele. Lihle threw a fist that sent Denise stumbling backwards.
Vuyo:Molimo ea ratehang letsatsi le se le ka fela. (Dear God can the day end already?)
Denise: You -
Lihle:Been wanting to do for sometime,it sure feels good and I wouldn't mind to do it again. Come on Deni,come back.
Me:Vuyo control your wife.
Lihle:Why don't you try?After all you like them young and fresher than your wife?Come on Sma,control me.
Vuyo:Can we just go to church!Hayi.