5

✓ILLECEBROUS 5

THIMNA
Sesethu:Or we can go to him?
Me:He doesn't want me.
Sesethu: What if your mother is lying?
Me:She wouldn't.
Sesethu:She did before and she wouldn't exactly not do it again right?
Me:Fine, let's go.
Sesethu: Should be back for dinner or we're screwed. I'm rolling,want some?
Me:Yeah,I need to smoke.
We walked out of our room, my mother was on the passage talking on the phone.
Mom:Girls.
Me: We're just taking a stroll around and we'll be back before you even know it.
Mom:Okay.
We walked out and headed straight to the gate,there was a feeling that I was going to be rejected but here I was testing the theory. We walked down the street after smoking the blunt,it seemed like she knew exactly where she was going. The town was incredible beautiful and I wouldn't want to leave it behind ever.
Sesethu: We're here.
I looked at the house and paused.
Me:Ohh?
Sesethu: You have to find out what he thinks of you.
I opened the gate and walked to the front door. I knocked,a woman opened the door and she gasped.
Me:Thimna Mothibakgomo.
Woman:Ohh come in.
I walked in and followed her to the dining,it was the most weird thing because I realised that I actually looked like his kids. He looked old to father a 16 years old girl,makes me wonder how did my mother sleep with him.
Woman: Your bastard child finally pops,who else?Her mother?!
Mzi:Alizwa you don't have to talk like that in front of a child.
Alizwa:The same child whose teenage mother tormented me?She made sure that I knew where you were and I have to like her?
Me:I didn't -
Alizwa:Get rid of this thing Mzi and it's over.
I stood there in shock as she walked out with her children.
Mzi: You have to leave.
Me:My mother for once was telling the truth, you don't want me at all,so this is why she never wanted to speak.
Mzi:I didn't even know that she was pregnant until I saw a whole child who looks just like me. We were just having fun,I didn't it would go this way.
Me: Having fun with a minor, impregnated her and didn't care?
Mzi:Look child you have to leave.
Me: It's cool,one day you are going to need me and I won't be there to respond. It was nice to see you.
I turned and tears immediately rolled down my face.
Sesethu:How-I am so sorry.
Me:My mother wasn't lying at all,for once.
Sesethu: You are innocent in this.
Me:I am the bastard child of fun going wrong, he's not obligated to want me at all. I have to go back home.
Sesethu:Thimna-
Me: Shouldn't have listened to you either, look at me now!
______________________________
ANELE MASUKU
Denise just cooked in silence.
Denise:Lihle was suppose to be here helping.
Me: You are mad because with this secret, your husband is not taking the chair.
Denise:If what you are saying is even true,Themba could have heard wrong.
Me:Why would your husband want to hit him if he was wrong?
Denise:They are brother and sister, it's absurd. Lihle is just scoring the chair for her husband.
Me: You are refusing to believe that your husband is just a rapist.
Denise: He's not raping anyone.
Me: What if this is the work of an abuser and victim huh?What explanation can you possibly come up with about this?Brother and sister sharing private parts?On your bed.
Denise: What if-
We heard footsteps and Lihle walked in.
Denise:Where have you been?
Lihle:Taking care of the catering for tomorrow.
Me:Denise?
She sat down.
Denise:I forgot.
Lihle: You forgot that but you have been busy fighting me,wait protecting your rotten husband for reasons known by you. Why? Because my husband stands to sit on his chair. I will be outside!
My sister in-laws just can't stop fighting each other ever.
Denise:How can I forget?
Me:Well Lihle basically explained why?
Denise:What if this is not true?
Khanyo walked in talking to her phone.
Khanyo: Afternoon ladies.
She continued talking before finally looking at us.
Khanyo:I had to attend to the decoration and stuff,I am back now. Need help?
I looked at Denise,she was seething.
Me:Well we're already done with everything.
Khanyo:Let me set the tables.
She grabbed the plates and walked out.
Me:As if you believed that. Your husband did this to himself and I honestly can't believe that you would let him be a pastor. Acquiring such position with a scandal like this doesn't end well, look at Bab'uMandla,it was scandal after scandal and he winded up in a wheelchair. Smanga isn't immune either.
Voice: What exactly did my father do?
We jumped,Dolly was standing at the door looking at us.
Dolly:I heard from acquiring, don't worry. What exactly did my father do?
Me: What makes you think I am just going to tell you?Why don't you ask him?
Khanyo walked back in, purposely stepping on Dolly.
Khanyo:Askies.
Dolly walked out.
_____________________________
ARCHBISHOP PELE
Me: I am coming!
I opened the door only to be met by two police officers.
Policeman: Archbishop Pele,we apologize for coming in so late.
Me:Uhm what is going on?Please come in.
They stepped,I was confused.
Policeman:Do you know Pastor Sage?
Me:Yes, he's one of the pastors running for the branch. Is everything alright?
Policeman: Unfortunately, we've received a tip that he had been working with a known gang from the western region,money laundering.
Me:Heh?! That's unacceptable considering he offered one million rands for the union.
Policeman:We managed to track him.
Me:He is in one of the BM guests houses in town.
Policeman:He called you.
Me:Yes about the money.
Policeman:An hour later,he was shot dead.
I looked at them in shock.
Me:What do you mean he's dead?
Policeman: He's dead,shot on the head.
Me:That is impossible.
Policeman:We have reason to believe someone found out about the deal,we think he stole the money because there's no other reason.
Me:I am confused.
Policeman:The money is gone.
Me:The gang took it?
Policeman: Didn't he hand it to you?
Me:He was saying that he would as long as we announce him as the pastor.
Policeman:Who else stood to win?
Me: Pastor Bokamoso,but she didn't know that.
Policeman: We'll have to talk to her about that,thank you for your time.
Me: Anything.
They walked out,I took my phone and called her.
Me:I told you what Sage had in mind,an hour later he's dead?What did you do to him?
Bokamoso:What do you think?
Me: I refuse to believe that you are capable of killing someone Mothibakgomo.
Bokamoso: Don't bore me Archbishop, I'll make you funny. Now in peace,I enjoy my night leading to my big announcement. Be in order if you desire to be alive. Nxx.
Me:Oh God!