Chapter One

Dean's POV:

The end was nearing for Chuck. My brother and I were getting our asses kicked and we let it. We had the upper hand even if it looked like we were being defeated. Jack was a powerhouse full of God juice. Thanks to Chuck.

Chuck lost and received what he needed the most. To be human. The very creature he overruled. He was now just another amongst many. No one special. No one would remember. Just another human.

Jack departed shortly after and set a few things straight. I asked Jack a few times about Castiel and he asked back if Castiel was important enough to render his help. I pleaded with the new God that Castiel was worth everything and more. I never received an answer. The days felt different. I felt different. I had a feeling Sammy felt different. Everything was different now. I don't know if the difference was a good thing or not but I liked the freedom. The only thing that had me worried was the fact that both of us are more vulnerable than before. We had no holy being looking over us like before. We weren't puppets in some story any longer.

Everything was becoming clear as the jobs were progressing. If everything changed; then so should we. I didn't care one way or another if I died, but I cared if Sammy died. Even worse, if Sammy died because of me. We had targets on our backs from the very beginning of our lives. This needed to change.

With this invisible target meant we weren't truly free and that struck a nerve within me. How could I drag my brother through more pain and suffering because I won't change? I needed to make this sacrifice to save both of us. And dammit I will do it.

******

The day was gone to shit. The vampires were getting the upper hand and we were outnumbered. At least five to one. We needed a miracle to get out of this alive and to save those kids. But with our new luck, that was going to be impossible.

Sam was bleeding out in profusely amounts as he was fighting for his life. He wasn't moving one of his arms which told me he must have dislocated it. Son of a bitch. I needed to get to him and help him. He had two vampires on either side of him. He was barely keeping them at bay. Blood is dripping all over his forehead and down his arm. He looked to be panicked and desperate for help. He needed to win and he needed to survive to save the helpless. Even if that meant giving up his own life in the process. He was an excellent soldier. He would make an honorable leader.

I couldn't say I was in a better condition than he was. At least I had both my arms. What wasn't awesome was that I lost vision in one of my eyes thanks to the blood rushing down my face and straight into my eye. I had three vampires on me. Two lay at my feet and one lay at Sam's feet. I wasn't keeping score but I was winning.

One of the vampires grabbed the back of my arm and disarmed me of my weapon. That wasn't a good thing. Another vampire grabbed my hair and yanked my head back. The weapon that was forgotten on the ground was now picked up by one of the vampires that wasn't holding me down.

"Let's see how you like getting your head chopped off, motherfucker!" He swung the machete towards my neck. Before the blade made contact, I dropped myself out of being held to the ground. I yanked out a few strands of my hair as I fell to the ground. The machete connected with the man behind me and cut off his head. Another one bites the dust.

Two more to go before I can save Sammy. I glanced over at that time to see Sam getting hit. That was a mistake on my end as I felt a sharp pain in my side. The asshat ripped a chunk of my flesh out with his bare claws. If I wasn't bleeding bad before, I definitely was now. I was starting to go numb in my left leg. Dammit this hurt. But I had no time to focus on the pain while I was getting beat down. I needed to win.

I found courage deeper in my heart and moved faster than I have ever done before. I grabbed the blade from the vampire in front of me and kicked him and the stomach. He fell backwards and I had the opportunity to slice off the other vampire's head as he still had a death grip on my bicep. I was sure it would be bruised when all this was done.

One vampire to go. I have the advantage as I stood over the fallen vampire and made quick work with slicing off his head. "I don't know, how does it feel?" I mocked him back for his earlier comment.

I looked at Sam as he had one vampire left. Sam made quick work with its head and the body fell back. Motionless.

"A job well-done, if I say so myself," I looked at the mess that needed to be cleaned up. Sam sprinted towards the door. For a split second I thought there were more vampires when I remembered the children. We never knew if there were going to be more monsters than the main show and the last thing we wanted to go through all this and not be smart enough to check and lose the innocence in the first place.

Sam was out the door and out of sight. I knew he could handle himself but I always felt the need to follow him. I took a step forward and felt the pain shoot up my body. The world around me started to grow dark. I dropped the blade and felt numb all over. I saw the ground coming up to meet me. I was getting cold. I started to panic as I wanted to yell for Sam but nothing came out as I pushed effort through my lips. My breath seized and my body convulsed. Blood pooling around me in all directions. I knew at this moment I had made a terrible mistake.

Was this death once again? My old friend, we meet again. Would I go to heaven or be dragged to hell? I was praying for the latter. I wanted my peace. I deserved my peace. I deserved to be free.

The darkness consumed me and I was no longer conscious to this world. I lay forgotten and motionless on the cold hard ground. I would do it a million times over as long as I saved the people who needed the help. As long as they were safe; as long as my Sammy was safe. I felt life start to leave my body as it has done a hundred times before. In the distance, I heard Sammy yell my name before I was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

This was just a story on my mind. Comment your thoughts. Enjoy the story!