Chapter Five

John's POV:

The drive was blissful. Baby needed to get out of the garage and run. She missed these long drives and asphalt under her tires. She purred like a new kitten. After a few years after the accident, I repainted her black. Back to her basic color. She looked exactly like her old self. She is beautiful as ever.

The drive was long and the company was great. I miss my brother in the seat next to me though. I looked over and saw Ollie sleeping like an angel and remembered how Sam used to sleep the same way many years ago. It felt like an eon passed since I last was in this car with Sam. I missed him.

But I would never trade this happiness back in for my old life. It was hard giving up saving people but I have come to the conclusion that there will be someone out there who would fight for the people that needed saving. I needed to see the world not as something that needed to be saved but to see the world as it is being saved by many others. I need to let the world go and move on.

I don't think I could even go back into hunting even if I tried. I hate to say but I'm not in the best of my years anymore. Every day passed and I was having a new found appreciation for Bobby for staying in the game this long. It was hard on all of our bodies and minds at the young age we were. I don't know how he did it when he was still alive and in his fifties. I'm getting there in age and it's nearly killing me just being my regular self.

The car ride was a slow talk about the new plan to adopt a child. Cass so badly wanted a son but he said he was happy with whatever we could get from the agency. We discussed names in the future with our child. The agency had to run us through proper procedure before we could apply to get a child. It was just a waiting game at this point. Sam knew of the adoption the moment we filed for the paperwork. He was so happy and so were we. But nothing was set in stone yet.

The diner was the same old diner that was always in Lebanon. I stopped the car outside of the diner on the street. All this brought back memories for me. People around us shouldn't remember us. Today, we were going to test that theory.

After an hour, Sam called and said he just arrived in the city limits. I had to remember over all else to call him Josh over Sam. Our food was finished and the empty plate that once had pie was sitting forgotten as we waited for their arrival. I was extremely nervous and hopeful. Nervous because I was afraid the spell had faded and someone would recognize us. Even worse someone would need us to rescue them. Hopeful because I needed this meeting with my brother again. It has been so long since I have seen him.

In walked a tall man sporting a small, well-kept beard and a young boy in hand. I knew instantly this was my Sammy. He has short hair and a nice tan. California has been doing him good. He was still slender and healthy looking. He never mentioned over the millions of phone calls that he had any health issues, so I assumed he was in good health.

He saw me after looking around the room. I stood and watched him approach our table. I instantly hugged him. He still smelled like Sammy. "Joshie," I shouted.

He smiled brightly, "It's Josh," he corrected again for the thousandth time. "I've missed you, jerk," he hugged me tighter.

"Shut up, bitch," I mumbled. We let go after a few more minutes of embrace. Cass was next to hug Sam -I mean Josh - and tell him how much he missed him as well. Cass only hugged him for a few seconds. Cass - I mean Ollie - looked confused and thoughtful while looking at Josh. Cass ruffled the boy's hair.

"This is my son, Dean," he motioned for the boy to show himself and meet them. The boy looked exactly like Sam when he was a small boy. Dean had long brown hair, like how Sam used to wear his. It was cute on the little fellow.