Chapter Four

John's POV:

The wind was blowing in through the open window as I lay sleeping. The bed is over-comfortable and soft as can be. The bed was empty which was surprising since Oliver was normally in bed with me.

I could smell bacon cooking in the kitchen downstairs and refuse to get up. Everything was perfect. Everything with Oliver was perfect. Only if Joshua lived close by. I heard the footsteps as Ollie opened the door and peeked in, "Are you going to get up or are you expecting breakfast in bed again?" He is so sassy in the mornings. And I couldn't help smiling at the way he nags me. Most of the time it's annoying.

"Morning, Ollie," I mumbled as I stumbled out of the bed. I had a late one fixing up an old car last night. It was a junked rust bucket and needed almost everything repaired to do it. The man dished out a lot of money to get it done. So, I put a lot of work into it yesterday.

Ollie kind of remembers who he was but he can't remember certain things like Sam or what Sam used to look like. I was okay with that. I had pictures to remind us anytime he asked about him. The story was simple. Joshua and I were childhood friends. He didn't need to know many of the other details since he would just forget them thanks to the spell.

Joshua became a top lead detective in Los Angeles. He is amazing. He is brilliant and he was happier than I have seen him before. We video chats quite often. He never forgot and neither have I. He remembers his roots and so do I. It was strange that Cass forgot more. I was afraid to say his name out loud in case an angel could overhear. Long ago, he turned angel radio off. He did remember that he was an angel but he had no connections to them any longer. He was more human than anybody else. But he will always be my angel.

I stood and walked to him standing in the doorway. His arms are crossed over his chest and he huffed that I slept past noon. I kissed him lightly on the mouth and he folded into my arms and returned the kiss with more passion. "Breakfast is ready. Come down quickly before it gets cold." He released me as he turned on his heels and went back to the way he came. He was wearing an apron over jeans and a light blue T-shirt. He looks so damn good. I never knew I could get this far in my life.

We have been married, going on for eight years. Everything was in place as we set it out to be. Nice house, nice yard, nice lives. Everything was peaceful. No one even bothered us. There was this one case in town about a ghost. All we could do is stand back and watch. A few hunters came and took care of it.

I wonder if anyone asks about the Winchester's. I miss us but I don't ever want to go back to being that person again. I hated my life. I wanted death more than my own happiness. I thought my death was my happiness. All that mattered to me was the other people and saving them. I wanted to save us and this was the only way I could think of doing so.

The breakfast was magnificent. Ollie always made me the best meals but after my health scare last year, I now have to eat healthy garbage. After a year of eating this stuff, it's not so bad. Oliver was beside himself when I had a mini heart attack in the garden. He begged that I stopped helping him in the yard after that. I never listened. I refuse to let Oliver do all the work. Just thinking of it was Ollie who had been on the ground, scares the hell out of me. I wouldn't know what to do if he died. I would be lost. So very lost. I hated being alone and looking around me, I would be without Oliver. He was my angel.

The day was bright and blissful. A call came in from the cell phone on the counter. It was Joshua. Oliver answered the call, "Hey, Josh," smiles all around. Even though we are hundreds of miles apart, we talk almost all the time.

"Hey, guys, since I missed the last visit with all of you. I was wondering if we all could meet up somewhere and have like a meet-cation. What do you guys think?" Joshua asked.