II

I don't know how much more I can take of this class. The material is easy to understand, and I'm already ahead by two weeks, but I can't stay here. That man is making me so uncomfortable. Any time I look over, he's staring back at me. It's taking so much self control for me not to say anything to him or the professor, as to not cause a scene. The last thing I need is for all eyes to be on me. One unwanted pair of eyes on me is more than enough. Class has only been in session for almost 2 weeks and I'm ready to drop it.

"As I had mentioned on Monday, you need to have a partner by the end of the day today. If you and your partner haven't come to me yet, then do so now. If you don't have one, I suggest finding someone ASAP. We're dismissed for the day. Have a great weekend."

I finish writing down the things that professor had written on the board as some of my classmates make their way to him to solidify their group. I still don't have a partner, and I'm hoping that everyone is paired up so I can work alone.

I pack my things away, grabbing my bag, and going up to the professor as he is now looking at papers.

"Professor?" I grab his attention.

He smiles as he greets me. "Hey, Janae. What's up?"

"I think everyone is paired up?"

"Hm, let me take a look." He hums, grabbing another piece of paper nearby and going over it. "If everyone is paired, do you mind doing it alone? It would be twice the work, though."

"I don't mind at all." I smile softly. This is exactly what I want. "It's fine."

"Okay." He nods. "As far as I can see, everyone does seem to be paired up..."

"Okay, that's fine with m-"

"Wait." His eyebrows furrow, then they relax. "Ahh, so good news: you won't need to work alone. There's one other person that isn't partnered, so they'll be your partner."

"Oh." I sigh in disappointment. So much for working all alone. "Who is it?"

"Me." I jump, startled by the voice behind me.

I turn around and my heart sinks. Out of all people to be partnered with, I'm partnered with the guy that's basically a creep?

"You?"

"Me." He repeats himself.

"Yup." The professor confirms as I turn back to face him. "It'll be nice for you to get aquatinted now. Janae, Jungkook. Jungkook, Janae."

So the man that stares has a name, huh? Jungkook.

"I hate to do this, but I do have another class in about 15 minutes. I have you written down as partners and you'll receive your specific assignment in your school emails by 9pm. I'll see you both on Monday."

I nod, booking it out of the room. This Jungkook guy is quick as he easily catches up to me.

"Janae." He says, but I continue walking. I don't have the patience to acknowledge him. He's creepy. "That's a pretty name."

"Save it." I spit out. I open the door to leave the building, hoping to keep this pest at bay but he just continues to follow me.

"Oof." I hear the humor in his tone and I roll my eyes. "You walk fast."

"So do you."

"Will you slow down?"

"No."

"Why the cold shoulder?" He asks, genuinely.

"Because I don't know you." I answer in monotone.

I hear a chuckle come from him and I'm surprised that my eyes aren't hurting from all the rolling I've been doing.

"You can always get to know me."

God, this dude is annoying as fuck. How in the hell do I get rid of this guy? "Not interested."

"And why's that?"

"You're creepy. I'd rather work alone."

"Ouch." He whines, but it quickly turns flirtatious. "Feisty."

"Look here." I stop and turn to look at him. He mimics my motion, but stays facing forward. "I don't know you and I don't want to. I want to do this assignment and have nothing more to do with you or anyone else here so I can graduate and disappear. Are we clear, Jungkook?"

He shudders, finally turning to face me. When his eyes locate mine, I feel my breathing get stuck in my throat. Those eyes. The roundest brown eyes that I have such a hard time looking away from have sucked me in, even deeper this time with him being so close. His round eyes narrow just slightly and that distracts me just enough to look at his face in its entirety for the first time. I instantly regret my decision to do so.

The man is gorgeous, to put it simply.

His skin is so smooth, almost  porcelain. He's got a small scar on his upper left cheek and a couple of beauty marks that help give his face some texture. His jaw is only slightly chiseled, giving him a manly look but being able to get away with a boyish look at the same time. His lips are the prettiest shade of pink, and they look so soft. And his nose is quite literally a button.

I feel as though my name is being called to go elsewhere, so I bring my focus right back up into his eyes. They're looking right into me; I can feel them looking into my heart. They know what I've been through; they understand I've been in pain. They want to help take the pain away, but they also want to play. These eyes have seen the best of me and the worst. These eyes have witnessed my greatest feats but also my worse defeats. These eyes understand me. These eyes are me.

The owner of the world that is those eyes relaxes his eyebrows and smiles. "Yeah, I like you. I like you a lot."

My brain is jumbled. I would love nothing more than to tell this creep about himself, but I can't bring myself to do so because I'm also a nanosecond away from nearly wasting away by the sound of his voice alone.

"Blink, Janae." I do as I'm told and my eyes produce tears. I hadn't blinked all the while looking him over and didn't even notice. "Give me your number?"

"No. You're still creepy." I manage to say, in a much sweeter tone than the bitter one I had a bit ago.

He laughs and I can't help the tiny smile that threatens my lips. "I'm kind of shy."

"Really? I couldn't tell." I joke.

"I mean, I couldn't help it while looking at a pretty girl."

My stomach bursts from the butterflies escaping but also churning from the corniness of it all. I hate it. "And that's creepy. Try to be subtle next time."

"Noted." He smiles. "May I have your number now? You know, we are partners for this assignment."

"Shit, that's right." I finally look away and retrieve my phone from the pocket of my hoodie. "Yeah. What's yours? I don't trust you to be in charge of the studying so I'll just have to do that."

"I swear, I like you a lot." He laughs. He gives me his number and I quickly add it into my phone. "What contact name did you give me?"

"What, are we in high school?" I roll my eyes, smirking as I literally am a hypocrite to my own words. "It's 'Creep'."

"Awww." He pouts as I groan, rolling my eyes yet again. He snickers softly. "Your eyes are gonna get stuck back there."

"Bite me."

He licks his lips and lightly bites down on his bottom lip. "Don't tempt me."

"Stop being creepy." I fake hurl. "I'll text you when professor sends the email. I'm going home."

I walk away from him and I hear his laughter coming from behind me. He's so cute, and he's such a douche. He pisses me off so fucking good, I can't stand it. This is only our first genuine encounter. I can't wait to be done with this assignment so I can drop dude like a bad habit, but why do I wanna kick my own ass for being so bitchy to him? Why was I so stuck? What the fuck happened back there? Who is this man?

~~