III

"Dammit, Jungkook. You're late." A tall man nags to the younger. "We have a busy schedule today."

"I'm sorry, Namjoon." Jungkook apologizes to his now irritated elder, feeling bad for his tardiness a second week in a row. "I was a little caught up with some class work stuff."

A male younger than Namjoon but older than Jungkook comes up to the side of the youngest and chuckles as he lightly punches his arm. "When are you going to stop going to school, bro?"

"As soon as it bores me." He shrugs.

"Let him go as much as he wants." Namjoon explains to the other.  "In all honesty, you need to find a hobby as well, Taehyung."

"I'm fine." Taehyung quickly shuts down, focusing back on Jungkook. "I'd think you'd be tired of going by now. It's been decades now."

"This time is different."

"Unlike the bazillion other times you've gone?" Taehyung laughs. "Nothing really changes with these people."

Jungkook looks into the eyes of Taehyung. The fiery red eyes of his older brother are playful, but serious. He's joking with Jungkook, but he's strong behind his words.

"It is different." Jungkook explains. "It's just-"

"Spill your heart later." Namjoon interrupts. "We have to get these donors in and out."

"Taehyung, your eyes." Jungkook points out.

"Fuck." Taehyung groans, finding himself walking out to retrieve his contacts.

"Dammit, Taehyung." Namjoon grumbles.

Jungkook laughs, folding his arms over his chest. "That's the same thing you said to me today."

"Because only you two make me say dammit. It's hard raising young vamps."

"At least my contacts are in." Jungkook chuckles, pulling out his phone, hoping that Janae has texted him. To his disappointment, he has no new text messages. He sighs, putting his phone back into his pocket. Meanwhile, Namjoon is watching Jungkook's moves as this is something he hasn't noticed within the younger before. Something has his mind distracted.

Namjoon is curious. "Jungkook."

"Hm?" The younger hums.

"May I ask you something?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

Before Namjoon can question Jungkook, Taehyung comes back, eyes now dark brown and covering any trace of red that was there. Along with Taehyung now are two more men. Both smile as they enter the room, one man's eyes nearly shutting entirely with his sweet smile and the other with a smile so bright that it requires sunglasses to be worn.

"I'll ask you later." Namjoon huffs, straightening his posture and addressing everyone in the room. "Okay, let's get some work done today. Jimin, how many donors do we have in waiting?"

The man with the sweet smile, Jimin, looks at the clipboard he came in holding. "20 scheduled, 13 walk-ins."

"Okay." Namjoon nods in satisfaction. "Who's poking? Hoseok?"

"Yes. I'll be doing phlebotomy for half of the ones that are scheduled." The bright smiling man, Hoseok, answers as well with a curt nod.

"Okay. Jungkook and Jimin, I'll have you both at check in and screening. Taehyung, you will take the other half of the scheduled donors. I'll go through and screen the walk-ins."

"Can we eat after the first few donations while it's still warm? I'm starving." Taehyung whines.

"No, you may not." Namjoon shuts down. "There should be about 30 pints stored in the fridge in the back. Unless someone didn't refill as they were told to."

All the men look at Jungkook, who rolls his eyes. "Wow, you really should have more faith in your baby brother."

"Last time we asked you to refill, you only added in 13 pints." Jimin jokes, arms folded over his chest to securely house his clipboard. "If I'm going to grow big and strong, I need at least 5 pints alone."

"You've been the same height since you converted. It's a little too late for that." Jungkook rebuttals. "Anyways, yes. The fridge is stocked. There's a total of 50."

Namjoon smiles softly, nodding to the younger. "Good. Okay, let's get to work."

--

"I guess I should get to work." I sigh, closing out the email the professor sent.

I switch over to my messages, preparing to text Jungkook so we can work out a project schedule. This is the last thing I want to do. I have to do this shit with a partner and, of all people, it had to be him. He still creeps me out, but there's also something about this dude that sucks me right in. I hate looking into his eyes, specifically; that's where the trap lies. They're so interesting and highly intoxicating. I hate that I can even think that. Why are they that damn soul sucking?

"Janae." I shriek hearing my name being whispered loudly in my ear.

I frantically look around my room, coming to the realization that it's still just me occupying the space. This is the second time I've heard something talking to me. This all started the moment Jungkook looked at me. This bastard put a curse on me; a hex or some weird shit.

I go into my bathroom, open my medicine cabinet, and take one of my anti-depressant and anti-anxiety meds each. It may not be Jungkook with some weird intentions out to get me. Maybe it's just me psyching my own self out. It is close to the end for me and I'm stressed, overwhelmed, and overworked. I make my way back into my room and sit at my desk, quickly composing the text to him so I can get rid of him in a timely manner. I'm ready to disappear off the grid, and the sooner I get through this semester, the better.

Me:
It's Janae. Check your emails.

Creep:
Okay, checking now

I roll my eyes as he texts back immediately. Dude was probably waiting on me. Just a peculiar guy. Only a few minutes pass before he's texting back.

Creep:
So when should we start?

Me:
ASAP

Creep:
Okay...?

Me:
Sorry that was vague. Tomorrow at 3pm.

Creep:
Am I coming to your place?

Me:
Absolutely not. I don't know you.

Creep:
You know me just a little bit now tho sooooo

Me:
Sure I do. We'll meet in front of the admissions building, under the big tree.

Creep:
Aww such a pretty area, I'm looking forward to it

Me:
Yeah. And please don't be late.

Creep:
I wouldn't dare make a pretty girl wait

Me:
Im going to bed.

Creep:
It's only 7:09????

Me:
I'm being nice... Take the hint creep...

Creep:
Right, right. I'll see you tomorrow

--