𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

Jheel Palace

The place which is generally filled with tittle-tattle in the bright daylights is now a much calmer, especially one particular area of it since the arrangements were made so. The part where the people who accompanied the protagonists sat, was still a bit with people, because the night view of this Cafe is provides a perfect ambience to its customers.

Amidst the clinking of cutleries and a few talks where silence was an occasional guest, two people were seen indulged in some conversation and no one needs a guess to know who the people were.

Monami and Karan had so far had managed to ask one question only and considering that Monami is reserved and yet she decided to break the ice, it was a huge deal. So after the question was answered, their order came and they quietly and awkwardly served the dinner on their plates and then the silence settled in before Karan decided to make a move.

"Uhm, I wanted to know the reason behind you saying yes for this arrangement, I mean aap inti successful hain, itni courageous hain and don't mind aap bohot khoobsurat bhi hain, phir bhi meeting somebody in an arranged marriage set up?" Karan was curious to know know this.

(I wanted to know the reason behind you saying yes for this arrangement, I mean you're successful, courageous and don't mind me saying but you're so beautiful then too meeting somebody in an arranged marriage set up?)

Even without her knowing, Monami's cheeks were slightly covered with a red hue when she heard Karan complimented her as "Khooobsurat". But what caught her ears was that he first addressed her career and position in life and then her beauty.

"Uhm. Well, kyuki shayad kabhi iske baare mein sochne ka waqt he nahi mila, I'm sorry if it came out too straight forward, because I don't know how to beat around the bush. But I'll be honest; I knew ki mujhe bhi ek din shaadi karni hogi and mujhe bhi kisi din karni thhi lekin tab jab mai apna waqt de pau na ki tab jab khud ke liye bhi waqt itna mushkil se milta hai." She said as a matter of fact. "And to answer your second question, when I didn't have time for myself how could even meet someone, so it was kind of fixed that my parents will find someone for me. But even my question is the same, I mean you're probably at the peak of your career, as Vedant told me; you must be meeting a lot of new people then too arranged marriage?" Monami added when she felt that she missed out his question.

(Well, may be because I never got time to even think about it. I'm sorry if it came out too straight forward, because I don't know how to beat around the bush. But I'll be honest; I knew that someday I'll be married and I somewhere wanted to but when I could give my time to my partner and not when I'm even struggling to take some time out for myself.)

"Understandable. Because I believe that time is one of the most important factors that nurture any relationship, moreover you need not to be sorry for being what you are and clear answers and thoughts are above any confusing talks." He expressed his thoughts. "Now to answer your question, yes I do meet a lot of people when I'm on field or doing something related to cricket and stuff but I'm completely isolated from the rest of the world when I'm in the confinement of my home, with my people. Moreover, I won't deny that I have never met someone outside apart from work, I have and even went on a few dates but that was stopped long back. I guess it must be some four years and uss time toh koyi aisa mila nahi jisko lekar apna future sochu aur baad mei kisi ke baare mei sochne ka waqt nahi mila. Aur phir papa ne bola about this whole set up, so after a lot of thought I said yes." Karan said what was with him with utmost honesty.

(I guess it must be some four years and at that time I didn't meet anyone with whom I could think of spending my future with and after that I couldn't got the time to think about anyone. Then papa said about this whole set up, so after a lot of thought I said yes.)