Meeting Family and Lost

A/N: Thank you very much for your votes. I decided to write that the Waynes believe, what Marinette says.

And sorry that it took so much to update. I didn't really know how I should have written this chapter.🫢

"They are more than friends

"They are more than friends. They are family."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

When I stepped out of the Portal, I found myself in an alleyway in Spain. I walked out of the ally and mixed under the people, who were walking on the road. I was positive that no one noticed me. I looked around and smiled. I was in Alicante. I took a deep breath and sighed. I loved Alicante. It was always so calm, sunny and you always feel so free when the wind flies through your hair.

I walked along the shore until I reached the harbor, where I walked to the Noray Café. When I was near, I suddenly heard someone calling my name, before I was suddenly knocked down on the ground, by three people. At first, I just saw short dark blue hair, then I saw Kagami grinning in my face. I grinned right back and looked past Kagami and saw Luka and Kit laying on me. Kit is my brother in everything but blood. He was with me in the Red Room. We trained together and ran away together, but even when we were separated, we still hold contact with each other.

"Get off me. You are crushing me. Do you want me to become a pancake?", I asked laughing, while I tried to push them off me. "We thought about it, but then we realized that you wouldn't taste", said Kit grinning. "No, we know you wouldn't taste", said Kagami, while Luka just nodded in amusement, but stood up and pulled Kit up with him. Then he snuck his hand around his waist and kissed him on his head, while Kit blushed, but looked like today was his birthday, with Christmas or as if his biggest dream would have come true.

But Kagami was still hugging me, holding me on the ground, until I heard Felix saying: " Okay stop Gami. You are suffocating her", but I could hear his amusement in his voice. I gasped in fake betrayal: "How can you be amused, when I am here crushed on the ground by your girlfriend?"

"Don't be a Drama queen Mari", he said no laughing, too. I finally managed to push Kagami off me and stood up and gave Felix and innocent grin. He stopped laughing and looked at me warily. When he realized what I wanted to do it was already too late and I jumped in his arms and we both went to ground. Now we laughed expect Felix, who whined that I ruined his favorite shirt, and we got weird looks from people around us, but we didn't care.

When we finally fooled enough around, we walked into the Café and sat down. "So, how's life treating you?", asked Kit, with a smile on his face. "Well, Sabine and Tom finally decided to send me to Gotham to my father", I said. "I guess that's good. I mean, you will be free from them", Felix said thoughtful. I nodded. "Yeah, I will be free from them. Sabine and Tom told me that they will file final custody over to father. They can't take it back after that and they won't have anything to say in my life anymore. But I'm worried, because I know that Sabine will tell father, about what I supposedly did. What if they will believe her?", I told them, feeling a little bit worried. "Well if they treat you bad, you can always bunk over Melody", Luka said for the first time since I arrived. I nodded thankfully at him, and we sat there quietly, till the food arrived.

Two hours later I said goodbye to them and went back to Paris, since I had to pack my things for the flight and what I would need in Gotham. I took to big suitcases and started to fill them, with my clothes and other belongings I had. I didn't have many things, because Tom and Sabine started to take away my stuff, because I bullied Rossi. They said that I would get back once I have come to my senses.

Of course, they never gave it back since I didn't 'come to my senses', which I obviously didn't, in their opinion. But at this point I just didn't care anymore. I was actually tired. Which shouldn't be possible, since I'm just sixteen years old. Sixteen! I realized a long time ago that my life was never meant to be normal. I went through too much for sixteen years.

Lost in thought I sat down on my chair and starred out of the window. Watching the stars shine through my window. Then I suddenly stood up and climbed out on my balcony and laid down there, while Tiki laid down on my chest. We continued to watch the stars, both of us lost in our own thought. Lost in our own world.

I thought back and tried to find out where my life turned out to be such a shitty life. Did it happen, when I was kidnapped and being made an Assassin, being denied my childhood. All the experience, which I would have needed to appear like a normal child. I never fitted in. Never really. It was like the people could feel, the danger radiating from me and would avoid me for this reason, or they saw my potential and would use it for their own.

But maybe it was when Hawkmoth appeared first, I don't regret getting Tiki. She is my best friend and now days my therapist. I couldn't help but smile at this thought, but it faded away as fast as it came, when I thought about Rossi. I mean it literally went to shit as soon as she appeared. But without her, I wouldn't have realized that the class just was using me for their own gains. Even Madam Bustier used me for her own gains, while I did her work, she could relax.

Now looking back, I can't really pinpoint from where my life went shit, because every bad thing that happened to me, had a positive outcome. I was kidnapped, I learned how to defend myself. Hawkmoth appeared; I got Tiki. Rossi came into the class; she showed me who my real friends were.

Without her I would still be friends with those traitors and I'm certain, that once I would be famous for my designs and a famous singer, they would without a doubt, demand money or that I will do their work for them, while they meet with others. They would demand that I would do things for them for free.

Suddenly I saw a shooting star. I closed my eyes and whispered: "I wish that my future will be better, than my life is right now, that I will meet мама (1) again and that I will have someone in my life, who will love me no matter what." Then I closed my eyes.

(1): Mother/Mama (in russian)